• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very excited to announce that TwistedHobbys will be joining us as a site sponsor shortly! stay tuned!

Twisted Realm

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Very cool Gary, we wish you the best with the new site. Looks like you are off to a great start in only 3 days of opening.

For any of you Twisted owners other there feel free to post threads about our models etc.. Hopefully this will help anyone that is building or having any other issues we all can any help them with.

Happy Friday!
Pitts.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I have been thinking about building another crack yak, but an ultra light weight one. I have 4 Dimond d-47 power servos and two D-60 servos. I was thinking about trying two D-4.7 for rudder-elevator witch they would be fine for and maybe another for the ailerons or I could use a D60 for them. And use a 2-cell 250 mah battery with the crack motor swinging an 9x4.7 prop. Maybe I will buy and build the light weight one this winter.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
You could try making large holes in the control surfaces and covering it in light film like they do on gliders. Idk just a thought.........

Gravity Cheat

New to GSN!
Very Cool! An alternative place to gather and share our enthusiasm for this hobby And particularly for Twisted Hobby products. ;)
I'm In!

One of my favorite Twiseted Hobbys offerings: The 48" Sbach.

attachmentNew.php

Just finished the slick two days a go and working on the pitts! I went with with Futaba 3154's all the way around and installed T-Rex 250 ballstuds on the control surfaces for slop free percise control. Powered by a rimfire 250. I might switch over to a hacker A10 9L for indoor. Hey just a question is the twisted EPP 1.9 oz? I have noticed that it is a little harder feeling than my two 3DHS EPP l own. The slick feels a little heaver in the air than the 3DHS planes, acts more like a balsa plane than a fommy. Im loving the roll rate and the tight 4 point rolls. I will post some pics soon.

Gravity Cheat

New to GSN!
I believe the EPP it is the standard 1.9oz. RC Factory has their own Secret process which stiffens it. I would tell you what that was but…… I can’t, I don’t know, because it’s a secret!! ;)

Dahly

30cc
The 44" Extra-Slick is simply amazing.

I have been looking for something that was more balsa like and "robust" for practicing inverted harriers and belly in hovering down on the deck. Well i certainly found it. :cool:

So that led to the Crack-Yak :)

Which is now leading to the Crack-Pitts :)

And so-on and so-on. ;)

This place really looks like it has a bright future.

@ Twisted Hobbies.... Great Job on being a sponsor!!! How about a coupon code to celebrate the new Forum? - Great advertising feedback.