• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have completed the radio installation and just a few minor things to do (glue canopy in, correct issue and install landing gear). The Aura 8 powers up fine with the system but I have the servos going to the receiver for first flight. I have not heard back from Flex innovations about the compatibility issue yet. Hope to hear from them soon. I see a test session this weekend!

0315161244-00.jpg
0315161245-00.jpg
0315161245-01.jpg
0315161246-00.jpg

I have completed the radio installation and just a few minor things to do (glue canopy in, correct issue and install landing gear). The Aura 8 powers up fine with the system but I have the servos going to the receiver for first flight. I have not heard back from Flex innovations about the compatibility issue yet. Hope to hear from them soon. I see a test session this weekend!

View attachment 52582 View attachment 52583 View attachment 52584 View attachment 52585
Kelly. Great review. Can't wait to see how it performs. I'm with you on the price. Amazing. @stangflyer nailed it when he talked about the hobby becoming over priced. My 30cent 540 is going to get blue bird servos an frankly getting the cheapest can or pits stacks for the dle61 I can find. Going with a falcon woodie also.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Kelly. Great review. Can't wait to see how it performs. I'm with you on the price. Amazing. @stangflyer nailed it when he talked about the hobby becoming over priced. My 30cent 540 is going to get blue bird servos an frankly getting the cheapest can or pits stacks for the dle61 I can find. Going with a falcon woodie also.

Hey Bart.....

Just from a "quality of build" stand point this radio meets or exceeds Futabas. Switches and rotor knobs/sliders are of excellent quality. Gimbals are balled bearing and smooth as silk. Touch screen access is simple and easy. I had issues at first learning the 14sg's touch sensor. This radio supports a gyro like the 14sg but way easier to figure it out and set it up! When it passes my flight abuse test I will give it higher praise. Still cant get over the fact I paid a buck 29 to the door. I have been skeptical but it is proving me that it is exceptional. And to think I could have six of these with all the telemetry gizmos with what the one 14 sg cost's with out the telemetry gizmos. 14 sg with all telemetry sensors is a 1200 dollar radio!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 52582 View attachment 52583 View attachment 52584 View attachment 52585
It's all cool and schtuff....an' I be like really 'cited about your ventures with it this weekend. But....where do you put the gas in at????
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It's all cool and schtuff....an' I be like really 'cited about your ventures with it this weekend. But....where do you put the gas in at????View attachment 52602

Well.........If it does the:eek: suckola maneuver THEN you simply pour gas over it and lite your smoke off the flame :big-grin:.

First rule of gassers.........Before it goes up...... radio has to pass torch test :attaboy:.

First rule of electrics.......Always use as a torch test :pink_epic:.

As far as the plane however........I've watched the vids and it looks to be a decent flyer. I guarantee "the foam test" will be done too!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok I be fartin out the electrons getting ready to flight test this radio! And I want to just mention I have charged the radio battery twice and the 3rd time coming up before testing. I have a solid 4 hours on the radio so IMO a bigger capacity battery over the supplied 1700 would be nice. Say 2600ma.
0316161549-00.jpg