• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I was looking around to convert an old Futaba 9c to 2.4 (for my hex) and found that this new radio is now available here in the US East Warehouse through HK. To my amazement it was only 129.00! (mode 2). I am building my first hex and this radio has a multi rotor menu ! as well as airplane etc..etc.. This is less money than what the 2.4 conversion would cost with a Futaba 2.4 TM and receiver! So I pulled the trigger and it's done. Should be in my fat fingers very soon.

Would appreciate any one to comment their experience or point of view of this new product.
Of course I will offer up mine once it is in my shop.
attachment.jpg
receiver tg10.jpg
TGY-i10.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yes it is. First thoughts of mine out of the box..........

Padded grips give me a secure feeling when holding the radio and it is "single patty" cheeseburger thick and not double cheeseburger thick like my other Futaba's and it is light. Gimbals feel smooth and solid and for a mode 2 radio the throttle is not ratcheted! Me Like! The width is about the same as Futaba and feels good to me. Very comfortable radio to me. The switch locations are a bit tinker tanker for my liking but a nice mix of 3 and 2 position switches. The longer stem switches ( one 2 position on left and one spring loaded on right ) are really close to the center of the radio making it a bit difficult for me to actuate them. The others are fine. Three rotary VR's are solid and detent easily to stay where you put it. The side slides are T bared so you can adjust from the front or back! Me like.
Full telemetry?:fist_pump:. GPS, Optical RPM, Magnetic RPM, and Temperature sensors are in the box! WAY Cool.

Once I figure out how to turn it on I'll report!:laughing:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
In trying to grasp what I actually have in my hands. Have since discovered that the included ibus module actually makes this a full 14 channel radio capable of supporting 16 servos. Guess I can go ahead and get me a 20K turbine model now :).
Oh!.....That's right.......I bought this because it better fit my price point......."No turbine for me" :(.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I did get through the manual and it is generic as it comes. The manual basically shows and tells the lay out and functions.
It is in very small print (Chinese above English) and difficult for me to read (Chinese and English lol). You need to have experience with other sophisticated computer radios in order to get through the programming. But it is all there and the touch screen display is fairly easy to navigate.

I need to correct myself and say a GPS sensor is not included or supported by this system. The other module was a voltage sensor. What is neat however is the four channel ibus receiver can be connected in series with three other ibus receivers allowing an additional 16 channels to the 10 channels of the transmitter. The transmitter does support this and each servo can be better matched to each other using the transmitter! So this radio can actually be a 26 channel! It looks like the ibus can also be purchased with a standard Futaba J pigtail so it can be used as a channel expander with other similar radios. I do not know for sure and I am trying to find out but I believe it may be compatible to Futaba for expanding channels as long as the transmitter supports channel expansion . I have heard that this radios protocol (AFHDSS2) is very similar to Futabas FASST protocol.
68410.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Had the system all hooked up and checked that all is functioning. This radio charges just like your smart phone and the touch display is very similar to smart phones.....just swipe your finger to get the next page of submenu's. Tap an icon to call a specific function (ie servo reverse etc etc) up. To turn on the radio you simply press and hold both power buttons at the same time. Voice sounds a jet engine racing by as it powers up.
0129161834-00.jpg
0129161835-00.jpg
0129161836-00.jpg
0129161837-00.jpg

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Dimes......have you looked at the channel mixing yet?

Specifically, say for a duel rudder or aileron setup; after the two channels are mixed do you still have independent control on each servo for endpoint, centering and travel? Or is it a master/slave type configuration where the master servo settings for EPA, centering and travel applies to each servo?

Looks like a nice TX.