• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Which one is that, Kelly?

That is a Valley View Yak 54 Profile I had built for a friend about 3 years ago. I have flown it before and it's a decent flyer.

I had to re-plumb the tank and replace the throttle servo and batteries. One 3000ma 35c Lipo does it all now.

As you can see here got a bunch to do in the shop.....

20160510_181541.jpg

Alky6

150cc
That is a Valley View Yak 54 Profile I had built for a friend about 3 years ago. I have flown it before and it's a decent flyer.

I had to re-plumb the tank and replace the throttle servo and batteries. One 3000ma 35c Lipo does it all now.

As you can see here got a bunch to do in the shop.....

View attachment 80586
Nice. Always wondered about that VVRC slab. As for the "work" to do.... That looks to be a lot of fun!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Nice. Always wondered about that VVRC slab. As for the "work" to do.... That looks to be a lot of fun!

Going to fly it tomorrow (Sat) with the i10. The extra is getting some touch ups and balance. Edge is getting covering touch ups and the EME 60 rebuilt. The MXS electric is staying in the box for now as is the 74" Edge EXP. I have a third electric power package and servos for something in the 50 class electric. Thinking of a PA 55" Addiction.
Will give a report how the radio behaves in a gasser with battery feeding everything. Personally this radio will be used for all my electric planes.

Alky6

150cc
Going to fly it tomorrow (Sat) with the i10. The extra is getting some touch ups and balance. Edge is getting covering touch ups and the EME 60 rebuilt. The MXS electric is staying in the box for now as is the 74" Edge EXP. I have a third electric power package and servos for something in the 50 class electric. Thinking of a PA 55" Addiction.
Will give a report how the radio behaves in a gasser with battery feeding everything. Personally this radio will be used for all my electric planes.

Very interested to hear your thoughts!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Done! One battery supplying ignition and radio. Not the first glitch, hit, weird behavior........just rock solid control and major stick banging to try and get something to fail but nope! Radio proved it self worthy :).

20160515_133817.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Nice! How was the airframe?

A bit nose heavy still. Battery needs to come to the cg location. Other than that it did some wild ass maneuvers! Instead of in a normal torque roll I rolled with prop rotation and full R aileron deflection. Spun like a top in one place! Rolled a bit before I started counting but I think it rolled 12 times before I flew out of it! Made me giggle and pee a bit! Ha Ha. Knife edge flight is great pop tops are fun because you can keep spinning the plane upright while it travels forward of the entry point and maintains altitude. Snap rolls can be wicked and wild and make for some awesome tumbles.

Alky6

150cc
:laughing: Thanks for the laugh and the update! I have a vvrc 20cc sitting in a box waiting for me to finish my JTEC so I can start on a mojo 65 slab. Seems everything takes for-----ever to finish. Oh well, it is my sanity (the building that is...lol).

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:laughing: Thanks for the laugh and the update! I have a vvrc 20cc sitting in a box waiting for me to finish my JTEC so I can start on a mojo 65 slab. Seems everything takes for-----ever to finish. Oh well, it is my sanity (the building that is...lol).

I think the MOJO is a better plane. More stable. This Yak can get "freaky" if you let it because of CG. I have flown a friends Primo and was amazed at how stable it was.