• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So I was looking over Futaba's budget 10J and discovered it too has a multi rotor program. Has telemetry. Has the same kind of mixes but an assigned snap roll function. Pretty much like the i10 but the i10 is more like the 14sg in RF mode selection (so all the mfg's receivers can be used) i-bus servo frequency matching (s-bus servo programming for futaba servos only) and servo channel expansion (no need for the power boxes etc.....) and plus the i10 has that cool touch screen that you cant see in the sun like Futaba.

So.....You decide.......

14sg with telemetry sensors.......$1200
10J with telemetry sensors.....$750
i10 with telemetry sensors......$130

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
P.S.

I did hear back from Flex-innovation and they said they where NOT familiar with Turnigy radios. They did say most every radio in the world should work in the PWM mode (Pulse Width Modulation). Well this radio does not work in PPM (analog Pulse Position Modulation) nor the PWM modes so I do not recommend it with the Aura 8 gyro. I have a KK2 board that you can set up for six axis airplane mode and it should work! Same company ( Hextronik) makes the board and radio.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just to let every one know I am not bashing Futaba. Been a Futaba guy for pert near 40 years! and will continue to death.

It is just that this wonderful inexpensive system makes a really nice second radio and performs very much like Futaba but of course there is no mix and matching like we used to do with 72 mghz. Now you can buy some really good aftermarket receivers for Futaba at a fraction of the Futaba cost but the TGY systems are dirt cheap already. There is no doubt in my mind this inexpensive system is just as reliable and has a sturdy safe hearted link to the aircraft at all times.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well if you been following "The Work Shop" thread..... you know I did the "ultimate" electrical abuse test for this radio!!!!!

It PASSED with flying colors. Had complete control all the way to impact with terra firma :applause:. Radio even let me know that the motor was fried while all control surfaces stayed with me all the way down wind until the plane disappeared in the tall weeds :big-grin:.

Some parting shots prior to the "incident"......

fly by1.png
hover1.png

Bipeguy03

150cc
Dimes, I think you should apply for a job at Turnigy. With Airtronics going away I think you sold me on giving this thing a shot, I do believe I'm going to wait to see you're luck with it in a gasser before I try it (let you do the experimenting lol).

I am going to get one to use in my small electrics and foamies to free up my ATX receivers to use in larger airplanes.