• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tulsa Oklahoma 3D Bash

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah my brother is amazing with video production!
Chitty3d

It shows he has had some training with a Pro. 3 to 4 second clips is where its at. I have worked with many top end pros and they montage exactly how he did it. Well done!

I too love to make videos and one day Ill throw down at an event in full video mode. Stills have to step aside when you are rolling video. Two different animals...

BTW what plane is that you are flying?

Last edited by a moderator:
I brought both my Panasonic and my Nikon to the Austin Bash and yes I felt torn between doing one or the other and in the end I got wrapped up in my plane building drama. For this bash I just brought my Nikon and only took it out once. I was very busy flying, ducking away from the rain, and spending time with my dad so it took a back seat. I need to go through the few that I did take and post them.

I did video production for 3 years before I took up flying for a living. This was before digital editing so we are talking A/B roll, switcher, FX machines, and CG machines, all of which were separate. I enjoy shooting video, but editing seems too much like work and the learning curve is steep on many of these programs. I tried muddling through Sony Vegas. I am OK with iMovie and I know it is limited, but I only do basic editing these days.

SnowDog

Unfortunately much of the video that I took turned out to be less than usable quality due to the overcast skies....the camera was having a hard time focusing on the plane.
I'm still going to try and put together a clip, but it will be nothing like Brian's pro-quality video.
I just don't have the quality equipment needed to really capture some of the awesome moments.