• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Trailers, Toy Haulers, Etc!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Picked up the first official 3DRCForums trailer today. We're going to bling it up with some vinyl, and it's first stop will be the Arkansas FLI in a few weeks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377824835.227008.jpg

Even fits nicely into the garage!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377824891.025498.jpg

So who else has trailers out there? anyone like Robj have a cool design on the sides?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sarah must be thrilled!

Yup :crying:
Sweet! Does that mean I have to have a trailer when I show up in my Honda Odyssey? ;)

nope, as I'm not showing up in the odyssey now... hence the trailer. Wifey needs her car for the kiddies... and is tired of me using it for fly days.
Plus, I needed some room to deliver an extra plane to FSM :)

SnowDog

yup :crying:

Nope, as i'm not showing up in the odyssey now... Hence the trailer. Wifey needs her car for the kiddies... And is tired of me using it for fly days.
Plus, I needed some room to deliver an extra plane to fsm :)

:) :) :) :d :d :d

gyro

GSN Contributor
Tried building some foldable shelving for hauling the planes around.
What do ya'll think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378589706.483632.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378589718.799006.jpg

Obviously, planes will be bungeed down with a moving blanket on each for padding.

The shelves have rubber straps for support, and provide a small amount of give for bumps.
Not sure on their lifespan, or if rope would work better?

Shelves are attached to the trailer walls with standard hinges and wood screws.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Changed out the top rubber straps for some rope and carabiner style clips. Shelves are much sturdier now, and the lower strap pulls against the rope keeping the shelf taught.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378603527.549356.jpg

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Take a ride in your trailer. Probably not legal to do so. But people have no clue how much a trailer bounces going down the road.
I have stories that would amaze you of items being trailer d.

abaser

50cc
Take a ride in your trailer. Probably not legal to do so. But people have no clue how much a trailer bounces going down the road.
I have stories that would amaze you of items being trailer d.

I would have to agree. I pull one of these daily for work, with custom shelves for tools. If my guys don't secure the shelves before moving, I've got tools scattered everywhere. Personally, I'd make them as rigid as possible. Let one of those bottom bungee cords break in transit, and you'll have a bouncing baby airplane.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got all the shelves built:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378656541.525124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378656565.157626.jpg

They are pretty rigid, so I think they'll be ok. I can double up on the straps if you guys think it's necessary?

Either way, I want the shelves foldable, so I'm not open to using big L brackets or anything.

I have just enough space to walk sideways down the center, so I can disconnect the straps on the tail to get the planes out