• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Toledo RC Expo 2016, Apr 1, 2, & 3

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Are they called Blue Bird Lasers? I haven't heard that before, it's a 1/3 scale Lanier kit-built airplane, really nicely done. I've been looking for a kit for years but they're hard to come by so buying a completed plane is the next best thing

Bipeguy03

150cc
Are they called Blue Bird Lasers? I haven't heard that before, it's a 1/3 scale Lanier kit-built airplane, really nicely done. I've been looking for a kit for years but they're hard to come by so buying a completed plane is the next best thing

No sorry lol, Blue Bird was the name of a company that use to make a 1/4 or 1/3 scale Laser 200 kit back in the late 80s early 90s. Full scale Lasers were built buy Leo Loudenslager, and were basically highly modified Steven's Acro's.

I wish I could find an old Lanier Laser kit, I built the 80 inch Cap 232 awhile back. I got it during the fire sale Tower had after GP bought them out and were killing off the brand. Good looking airplane, but it was my first venture into giant scale and it came out WAAAAAAAY to heavy at 22lbs lol

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
would it help you to know I got a great deal on a pristine Lanier Laser 200 with a practically new G62 on it? and furthermore I'm going to use it to dominate the Northeast Basic IMAC category this year? :laughing:

Bad news is it has older Tower Hobbies servos in it but I'm working on that!
Awesome! :dancing-chicken: