• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Titanium gimbals springs

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I have been using the heavy duty springs in all my radio's for years. When flying pylon racers the adrenalin gets to flowing along with the excitement. Being a Big Man with strong hands center is hard to feel. I do not like loose gimbles sticks, some do, just a matter of personal preference. JR does not recommend the heavy duty springs.I send my radios in and have the gimble assembly's replaced every couple years, or when I start to notice any wear around center. I am about out of the ones I ordered from Futaba. Nice to know I can get them from Radio South RC Thanks for posting info @Surfer Dude

Last edited:

SleepyC

150cc
Just be SUPER careful. I had stiff springs in my 12Z a few years back, and the Aileron popped on a hard snap... as a "thumbed" do you know how hard it is to fly a plane with no centering on your aileron? It's impossible. If Mark Trent would not have been there with his pinch technique my Carden would have been sticks!

flycanic

70cc twin V2
The first thing I do on a new radio is to tighten the spring tension screws as far in as they will go. Then when they start getting weak I install the heavy duty springs LOL!!! just my preference. Having Tough hands from being a Cat Field Tech, I use the High Crowned gimbles, so my thumbs do not slip off the tops. I have one set I wore down smooth, From a few years of use. I agree with you @SleepyC That would not have been fun. Sounds like you almost found that hidden expiration date on your Carden. I hate those hidden Expiration dates. LOL!!!

Last edited: