• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Titanium gimbals springs

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Hi friends

I want to use those on my XG 14.
I used to fly with them my old 8FG.
1. Where can I get them these days
2. Can I use them on my XG14?
3. Thanks.

Adi

Last edited:
Tighter feel on the gimbals so the sticks are not loose and will come to center. Downside is I'm pretty sure the radio companies do not recommend them as it wears out the pots.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Tighter feel on the gimbals so the sticks are not loose and will come to center. Downside is I'm pretty sure the radio companies do not recommend them as it wears out the pots.
The problem is with Hal sensor gimbals the pots do tear but you'll replace the TX before they do.
You won't believe how precise the plane is with these springs.

ExtraJohn

70cc twin V2
I'll have to try a radio with them installed. I just messed with my 12Z, I have the sticks pretty tight and they seem to come back to center ok?

Anyone in the New England area using them?

Coming back to center isn't really the issue, its how tight it comes back to center. Some like soft springs I like mine loose and no ratchet on the throttle. I used to fly tight springs its just a feel thing for people.

ExtraJohn

70cc twin V2
I would like to see how it feels, never know until you try

I have heli radios so no ratchet on collective ;)

The problem is with Hal sensor gimbals the pots do tear but you'll replace the TX before they do.
You won't believe how precise the plane is with these springs.

I don't think the part about hall sensor sticks being damaged by increased spring tension is correct, at least not by damaging pots. I don't believe Hall sensor stick assemblies use any pots and instead detect stick position by the sensors relation to a magnetic field (in the most general of terms) and there is no physical contact so, nothing to physically wear out.

I am curious about whether there is any benefit to the use of Titanium vs any other materials to manufacture the springs. I would think as long as you achieve the desired stick tension the material wouldn't matter much. Are there other properties that make Titanium a better choice to use for springs?