• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Tim Pastor from RedwingRC shows us how to repair any plane in 3 easy steps!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It is SO funny how many guys can relate to this. I hear STOMPING is the #1 choice of tool for this repair technique.

I've actually only done this to ONE plane. It was a prototype. 3rd one and we were NOT making progress on #2. I got distracted by a guy at the field who talks a million miles a minute the entire time i was putting it together. I try to be so nice I neglected to install the aileron plugs. we'll, I'm not Joe Smith. I can't land it with one wing, or 2 wings that don't respond well

I got home after eating some humble pie at the field and then proceeded to beat it pretty good, lol

clarkj

70cc twin V2
That reminds me of a time that was the closest i ever came to getting out of r/c. I was only flying glow and one day i had a almost new os120ax that died in the air. I landed and adjusted the engine and changed glow plug. Took off and same thing happened again. So i went home and cleaned the carb. Then got my other plane iut with a saito 180 and it would not idle. So im thinking hmmm bad fuel??? Well i got a fresh gallon out and no change. I worked for a week on both engines and never got them right. Sent both in to get checked and they were fine so i went to chnging fuel lines and anything else i could think of. i had a brand new seagull ultimate with the os 120 and it seemed to be running fine. Took off and it died. This was my first bipe and i learned what they mean by biplanes dont glide. It just tore the gear out but i was so frustrated i jumped up and down on it till i had enough, with all electronics still in it by the way. A fellow club member suggested we try his fuel and it was a miracle, they both ran like new again. Come to find out after i called the fuel company they got a bad batch of nitro

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yes Stomping is called Kunkeling, ive seen it done many times but have yet to do it.

I've never "Kunkeled" a model but a temperamental glow plane would be a reason to start. It would be quite slippery wouldn't it? Sorry, couldn't resist. With the gas technology the way it is now the only reason I could see to fly glow is having a fleet in place that's working well. Electric outperforms it on the trainer to 7x size and gas is simple, cheap and cleaner. I do still like the smell. Maybe glow fuel scented gas?

IKE

50cc
I'm talking 35% aiplanes that i have seen Kunkled. Quite a site, must be nice to have money.