• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
20150731_163010.jpg

Kinda been back on the Tamiya car thing. Got the Grasshopper black edition mostly done.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Dialed my rudder servos in, and did some last minute wiring on the Yak. Ready for tomorrow.

Also managed to work on my Jeep more, only a few pieces left until it's back to 100%..

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Today I received the male to male leads I've been waiting for to get the receiver in my Goblin 570. One of them I had to split the three wires into separate plugs for a signal wire. I wrapped them all with snake skin and routed them the best I could.

They have a spot to mount a receiver on the back of the frame under the tail boom. The problem is they really don't give you much room to squeeze the wiring between the bracket and the boom, not to mention you need to make sure there is room for the tail belt and the rudder pushrod. I ended up taking a little off the bottom of the bracket to lower it and get a little more gap for the wires. I also sanded the top of the bracket nice and smooth and round to keep the wires from chaffing.

I still need to make a power lead from the battery to the receiver and a few other things, but it's getting there.

20150731_215644_resized.jpg
20150731_215653_resized.jpg
20150731_215713_resized.jpg
20150731_220154_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Got a little done on my Edge landing gear mod. Got the two halves of the gear epoxied together. I scuffed the gel coat on the inner half first to help the epoxy stick. Then I applied 30 minute epoxy to both halves and screwed and clamped them together.
image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Next I cut out a new landing gear block out of 1/4" ply. Then I epoxied it together and also pinned the joints with 1 mm carbon rod. This block will be glued and screwed to the front of the original block. This will allow me to shift the new landing gear forward about 3/4". Hopefully that will fix the nose over problem. I forgot to get a pic of the assembled block. But I will tomorrow.
image.jpg