• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
picked up a used Kenmore propane range! yeah baby! cleaned out four years worth of grease and grime!! woo hoo! scrubbed the racks, scoured the burner caps.........leveled and installed but not before cracking the regulator and having to drive an hour to pick up a new $89 one making my bargain range not so much of a bargain!! can you say we're cooking up some awesomesauce???

bought the house and the range was junk...just another piece of crap dressed up to look good at closing. slowly we're weeding out the junk and getting the ship running at full steam. :)

gotta get an engine mount made today then go fly for the man. it would be nice if the servo i ordered from Tower would show up sometime soon....:apathy:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I'm jealous reading about all the building that is going on. I lost my shop when I moved to TX. Now my shop is my garage which means in the Houston summer my shop is 120 degrees. My Double Vision is just a couple days from completion but I just can't bring myself to go out there and brave the heat to finish it.

Let us know how that Double Vision flies, I found one for sale locally and tried to get someone here at GSN to buy it but a buddy of mine grabbed it and I've been drooling over it ever since (and he knows it which makes it worse!) @Cub Man you're a sneaky SOB! :dancing-chicken:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
gotta get an engine mount made today then go fly for the man. it would be nice if the servo i ordered from Tower would show up sometime soon....:apathy:

I live about 2.5 hours south of Tower. One time it took a package a full week to get here AFTER they shipped it. It went by UPS to the post office in Kansas City, which is over 5 hours west of here, then by USPS to me back here in Illinois. If they would have used USPS straight from Tower to here I would have had it in two days.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I live about 2.5 hours south of Tower. One time it took a package a full week to get here AFTER they shipped it. It went by UPS to the post office in Kansas City, which is over 5 hours west of here, then by USPS to me back here in Illinois. If they would have used USPS straight from Tower to here I would have had it in two days.

It would be nice if the servo i ordered from Tower would show up sometime soon....:apathy:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I live an hour and 20 minutes further west of Tower than @Jetpainter does. As long as I place my order with Great Planes before noon, I always have it the next day.:D

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I live an hour and 20 minutes further west of Tower than @Jetpainter does. As long as I place my order with Great Planes before noon, I always have it the next day.:D
They're just discriminating against those of us in Illinois. Bend us over for tax, and ship by mule train.;)

I do order from Omni Models, that Horizon's ebay site, and I get that stuff really fast!
I think Tower just doesn't like me, that's understandable. :lol2:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
They're just discriminating against those of us in Illinois. Bend us over for tax, and ship by mule train.;)

I do order from Omni Models, that Horizon's ebay site, and I get that stuff really fast!
I think Tower just doesn't like me, that's understandable. :lol2:
Ya. My orders always come UPS. That's the only reason its faster.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
my collection of router bits disappeared in the move so i'll have to go out and buy the right one next week when i'm home from work. no engine mount today! :cryin::cryin::cryin:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I removed the wheel pants and went 3/4" taller on the tires and it didn't seem to help at all. @Decal Dennis has this same plane and his is the same way. I think it's just a faulty design.

Yep, I have the same issues with mine even with bigger wheels on it. Just a flawed gear location on 3DHS' part. Other than that the plane flies great. It's very light weight for its size.