• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Note to the @stangflyer . Have you made up your mind on your next radio. I am still on the fence getting frustrated, was keen on the IX12 but been reading to much about it and looking somewhere else. Have been looking at the new MZ32 it is looking good but I have also started looking at the Spec DX18. I need to buy something soon because I need to two receivers for some planes and they will have to be Spectrum for my JR12.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Note to the @stangflyer . Have you made up your mind on your next radio. I am still on the fence getting frustrated, was keen on the IX12 but been reading to much about it and looking somewhere else. Have been looking at the new MZ32 it is looking good but I have also started looking at the Spec DX18. I need to buy something soon because I need to two receivers for some planes and they will have to be Spectrum for my JR12.

I was thinking a lot about this one.... before I got the 18SZ. The shortfall was no touchy screen. This is a very capable tx though. Plus you can buy a module to use whatever protocol you are currently using I think.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/x10s/

The MZ32 is quite the radio, from ergonomics to features it's pretty sweet. Receivers a little spendy, like Futaba.

One thing is nice about Spek is that there is a lot a places to get their products, and prices are pretty good.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was thinking a lot about this one.... before I got the 18SZ. The shortfall was no touchy screen. This is a very capable tx though. Plus you can buy a module to use whatever protocol you are currently using I think.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/x10s/

The MZ32 is quite the radio, from ergonomics to features it's pretty sweet. Receivers a little spendy, like Futaba.

One thing is nice about Spek is that there is a lot a places to get their products, and prices are pretty good.

Never looked at the receivers and yes they are expensive. And no power receivers the best they have has a single JR connection for power that is bad for 200 dollar receiver. And only 12 channels, I guess you can run more than one receiver but just adds to the price.

2walla

50cc
the frysky have a lot of features and everybody jumps on the open source bandwagon, but i have yet to meet a single user that writes their own code for it. Most can barely get beyond binding a simple 4 channel plane or quadcopter let alone setting expo or dual rates.. But they are all about bragging how good it is.. I can usually program any brand as i have had just about all of them. The frysky transmitters are not intuitive..

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got the crack in the cowl repaired and trial fitting the dummy continental with cooling shrouds. Opened up the front of cowl so I can install a oil cooler/carb heat exchanger for more detail. I used 2oz glass cloth and thinned epoxy this time on the cowl crack instead of the cheesy "toilet paper and CA" method :cautious:.

0419182343-00.jpg
0419182344-00.jpg

BalsaDust

the frysky have a lot of features and everybody jumps on the open source bandwagon, but i have yet to meet a single user that writes their own code for it. Most can barely get beyond binding a simple 4 channel plane or quadcopter let alone setting expo or dual rates.. But they are all about bragging how good it is.. I can usually program any brand as i have had just about all of them. The frysky transmitters are not intuitive..

While I agree it’s not super intuitive it’s not a hard radio to use either. Also writing code for it and programming it are two diff things. Now mind you I still rely on the help of a good buddy when it comes to my program for my dlg as so much is going on in it but it’s not hard to program if you take the time to learn it. Also the great thing with it being open source is the huge community out there willing to help those having issues

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Saw something on Facebook book but my German is not as good as it was, not that I am German but I could at one time get through it because we did a lot of business in Germany at one time. But any way I belive that 3W in Germany is bankrupt.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Saw something on Facebook book but my German is not as good as it was, not that I am German but I could at one time get through it because we did a lot of business in Germany at one time. But any way I belive that 3W in Germany is bankrupt.

I don't find this as "disturbing" but I know someone who might be.......:concern:.

@stangflyer Hurry up already with that new lap top and get your butt back in here :spongebob:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the dummies back on. This dummy (me) forgot to check what the width of GF38 is and the length. No matter what mounting option I choose (beam or stand offs w/optional bracket ) it is going to be a tad too wide and 22mm too long.
What really hurts is that the supplied GF38 beam mount bolt holes are identical to the RCGF26 stand off bolt pattern :face-palm:.

0420181340-00.jpg
0420181337-00.jpg
0420181340-01.jpg