• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is hard to believe but I checked the numbers a couple of times. The plane cam in at 4 lbs 15.5 oz and all the hardware and mean everything came in at 6 lbs 3.2 oz so that gets me to 12 lbs and a couple oz’s. Do not think that is to bad for a plane that has wingspan of 85 inches and a wing area of just under 1400 square inches. Note this weight does not include covering which still needs to be done. Hopefully it comes in below the 13 lbs but most likely it will just go over, time will tell. And by the way @BalsaDust can you tell me the weight of your 50cc profile.
Now all I need to do is buy a DA50 for the plane.

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Cutting up some foam to be glued in place for my shiny new transmitter. My 8FG wore out the foam to the point where it was disintegrating.

ecfe31149d36fccbb498a38ffc99f26e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I have that same exact pair of scissors. They cut awesome.

Costco! I’ve had them for quite some time now and they haven’t seem to get dull with all the abuse I have put them through. Most of my cutting was a strait edge with a xacto blade though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@BalsaDust need some help. Did the glas method of joining Ultracote together it work great and you can not separate the two from one another. But ran into problem hope you have a solution. When the two pieces were joined the sheet of Ultracote was flat and smooth. Went to install on the elevator everything went well but when I went to shrink it down is when the problem showed up everything pulled nice and tight and the seems never moved glued solid but what happened is the seam started to corrugate and I could not fix it as soon as I put some heat to the seam to get rid of the corrugation the started to let go. Has this happened to and if so how did you fix it, thanks.
65C6C567-EDF3-49E9-8150-45F6E7820F0B.jpeg