• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
No pics for tonight but I finally figured out a problem that had been plaguing my ZDZ180. A loose throttle arm and a hair line crack against the carb in the fuel tubing, combined they were making the engine shut down on me when I returned to idle. Fixed both of those issues tonight, she should be good to go again, too bad I can't fire the engine up or I'd be that guy in the neighborhood.. :oblong:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I didn't do anything in the workshop tonight cause I didn't feel like putting my hip wadders on and trudging through the back yard to get there. In the middle of another 4" of rain to go along with the 9+ inches we've had over the last 8 days. :face-palm: If this keeps up I'll have to build a 100' covered bridge form the house to the workshop.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I didn't do anything in the workshop tonight cause I didn't feel like putting my hip wadders on and trudging through the back yard to get there. In the middle of another 4" of rain to go along with the 9+ inches we've had over the last 8 days. :face-palm: If this keeps up I'll have to build a 100' covered bridge form the house to the workshop.
Hopefully it will end soon. I know one thing, the next guy that uses the word drought around me is getting a swift kick to the tea bag.;)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No pics for tonight but I finally figured out a problem that had been plaguing my ZDZ180. A loose throttle arm and a hair line crack against the carb in the fuel tubing, combined they were making the engine shut down on me when I returned to idle. Fixed both of those issues tonight, she should be good to go again, too bad I can't fire the engine up or I'd be that guy in the neighborhood.. :oblong:
Those small little problems are sometimes very hard to find and at times can be very frustrating. All good to go.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have agree this is getting stupid it is still raining here not hard but still raining and the prediction is that it will continue till at least next Monday. That submarine is starting to look good.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Have agree this is getting stupid it is still raining here not hard but still raining and the prediction is that it will continue till at least next Monday. That submarine is starting to look good.

Nothing like a good ol' "If you can't beat it.....Join it" attitude :attaboy:. :laughing:

Finally stopped raining down here in LA. But it was not the "Great Flood" Like in Arkansas. @Alky6 hope you doing OK :concern:.

Alky6

150cc
Nothing like a good ol' "If you can't beat it.....Join it" attitude :attaboy:. :laughing:

Finally stopped raining down here in LA. But it was not the "Great Flood" Like in Arkansas. @Alky6 hope you doing OK :concern:.
Doing great! Summer coming in like a lion after a record wet year! Be careful what you wish for... Cuts both ways. Just never pray for patience!

Seriously though - it could get a bit ugly as the massive snow pack starts to melt. Need more storage! ha ha

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got a bit more done to the Rockstar this afternoon. Going to put it down for a bit (Eze-Koat coming) and get back to the house tasks that NEVER seem to get done:face-palm:. I got the "rash on the bottom" "hehe" taken care of with some acrylic latex enamel ointment :pink_epic:.

Decided to "customize" the stickers on the fuse (Will do wings as well) so it does not look like a flying advertisement banner :sneaky:.
0504171829-00.jpg
0504171829-01.jpg
0504171830-00.jpg
0504171831-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Doing great! Summer coming in like a lion after a record wet year! Be careful what you wish for... Cuts both ways. Just never pray for patience!

Seriously though - it could get a bit ugly as the massive snow pack starts to melt. Need more storage! ha ha

Glad your doing great then. Watching the news the other day made me think of you ;).

Alky6

150cc
Glad your doing great then. Watching the news the other day made me think of you ;).
Thanks! Glad to see you back active here again!

Got a bit more done to the Rockstar this afternoon. Going to put it down for a bit (Eze-Koat coming) and get back to the house tasks that NEVER seem to get done:face-palm:. I got the "rash on the bottom" "hehe" taken care of with some acrylic latex enamel ointment :pink_epic:.

Decided to "customize" the stickers on the fuse (Will do wings as well) so it does not look like a flying advertisement banner :sneaky:.
View attachment 95552 View attachment 95553 View attachment 95554 View attachment 95555
Looks like foam wheel pants? Pretty sturdy?