• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well I did not make it. Midnight and I am beat. I did get the Rudder servos in and tuned...throws set. Elevators are also in and tuned. About 50 degrees "up", about 46 down. I could not get anything more than that due to the horns touching the bottom of the stabs. No big...that is more than I had on the last Edge. Same with the "up" throws. Also got the right wing aileron servos in, set....but not tuned. So all I have left is to tune the right wing aileron servos, install and dial in the left wing servos, mount the cowl, landing gear and balance. She'll be ready for blast off tomorrow. I have also pre-run the V3 111. She runs like a scalded dog. This makes the third V3 DLE 111 I have owned new and it is no different from the previous two. Starts remarkably easy, idles nicely...transition is incredibly smooth. And even with the stock exhaust, (which I have really come to like) it is getting some really great rpm with the Falcon CF 28x10. So weather permitting, The Edge will see open air this weekend. The Pitts on the other hand will not make it. Still waiting for the last of the paint and clear coat for the cowl to arrive. No big though. I feel very confident it will make it next weekend. After that, I am back to the Behemoth Yak engine retrofit. Wow, too many planes. Not enough hours in the day. LOL

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got the 120 mocked in place last night in the Edge :epic:

20170426_194056.jpg

20170426_195612.jpg

20170426_184441.jpg

Oh YEAH baby!!!!!! :yesss:

20170426_184635.jpg

Looks like a relief hole will need to be cut for the plug cap on the port side of the cowl.... :oblong:

20170426_184832.jpg

She looks so anxiously flight ready :D:D

20170426_195601.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a chance to do more work to it tonight but it's looking slim... Time for a workshop cleanout..

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, here we are. Pretty much done now. Only thing left is to balance, place the flight packs and G-Force pilot. He won't be here for a while. So I'm gonna mash the gas and point it straight up while waiting for him to arrive.

What all did I do to it? Basically the same thing as straight out of the box. Striped out all the wiring and replaced it all. Servos and arms too. Including throttle servo. Installed Smart Fly and Pin and Flag. Replumbed the entire airframe including the tank. Removed the engine and set it back to acquire the correct spinner back plate clearance. Bought a few Secraft goodies and added a Falcon CF 28x10. I have decided on the red lettering overlayed on the white stripe on the canopy. I must admit. This is the quickest build/assembly I've ever done. Oh how I hope the weather is good this weekend.

20170427_205009.jpg
20170427_204737.jpg
20170427_205022.jpg

I will get an auw and more photos before the maiden.

I think I'm in love.
:love:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well, here we are. Pretty much done now. Only thing left is to balance, place the flight packs and G-Force pilot. He won't be here for a while. So I'm gonna mash the gas and point it straight up while waiting for him to arrive.

What all did I do to it? Basically the same thing as straight out of the box. Striped out all the wiring and replaced it all. Servos and arms too. Including throttle servo. Installed Smart Fly and Pin and Flag. Replumbed the entire airframe including the tank. Removed the engine and set it back to acquire the correct spinner back plate clearance. Bought a few Secraft goodies and added a Falcon CF 28x10. I have decided on the red lettering overlayed on the white stripe on the canopy. I must admit. This is the quickest build/assembly I've ever done. Oh how I hope the weather is good this weekend.

View attachment 95364 View attachment 95365 View attachment 95366

I will get an auw and more photos before the maiden.

I think I'm in love.
:love:
That's one BADASS looking plane right there. :yesss: