• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the motor box and mount done last night. Only bolts I could find 3.5" long at the hardware store were 10-24 slot machine screws. They worked ok though. But hex caps have me spoiled. Did a little more testing of the power set up and it appears the 20x10 is just a wee bit much prop for the Aerodrive 150 amp esc. Not high amps mind you. But rapid over temp of the ESC from the massive voltage drop of the nano tech's ( ESC shuts down) . Hope the Graphene batteries are better. For now dropped to 21 x 8 wood and all is well at WOT and still excellent thrust. The mighty SK3 6374 192 is indifferent tho. The specs on this motor are way too conservative. I personally would give it a 35 to 40cc rating and not a 30cc.
1122161652-00.jpg
1122161652-01.jpg
1122161653-00.jpg

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Well, I did something wrong but I have to ask what do I use to join the 2 pieces together , in the photo above ? I was thinking of plastic or styrene cause there's so many curves in this cowling. It's an older H-9 Cap-232 that had a GT-80 on it & I put a DA-100 in it .
Thanks for any help !!
John

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp