• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Got the Stinson all put back together after re-doing the throttle linkage. It's a beautiful bird but it sure is a bitch to work on.

Next up on the bench will be a receiver swap on my 20cc Sbach Profile. The AR7000 is loosing bind so it's going in the garbage. Going to install an AR8000. Think I'm going to add an Opto Kill while I'm at it.

LOL....then you can be like me.....flying around, hunting for switches on the radio and flip the ignition off!! Good way to practice dead stick landings tho!!

BalsaDust

Got the Stinson all put back together after re-doing the throttle linkage. It's a beautiful bird but it sure is a bitch to work on.

Next up on the bench will be a receiver swap on my 20cc Sbach Profile. The AR7000 is loosing bind so it's going in the garbage. Going to install an AR8000. Think I'm going to add an Opto Kill while I'm at it.

I put one of the rexcel ignition kill switches in my sbach profile and really like it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Question when a spectrum reciever starts to loss its bind is bad, is it on is way out, or what.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Question when a spectrum reciever starts to loss its bind is bad, is it on is way out, or what.
I crashed the Sbach about a month ago. At the time it happened, I thought I slowed down too much in a turn and stalled it out. Fast forward to Memorial Day when I attempted to re-maiden it after repairing it. Turned on the radio, turned on the plane and nothing. Rebound it, shut off the plane, turned it back on and nothing. So now I'm thinking it was a brownout. The AR7000 is going in the trash.:way_to_go: