• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
After the wife sees that room it will be claimed and you will be building another. It is looking very gooooood.

No, it's mine. It has a bathroom which will be soon not guest friendly after the room fills up with planes so part of the deal was to install another bathroom in the basement. That is underway as well.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Worked on my 91" Slick last night some more. Got one elevator half ready for flight, now I just need to finish the rest of the airplane now :oblong::cool:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well proved to my self that I am still allergic to CA. Could not breathe last night and sick as dog. But any way continue to day and got the two sides glued on looking good.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 212

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well proved to my self that I am still allergic to CA. Could not breathe last night and sick as dog. But any way continue to day and got the two sides glued on looking good.

I love the burn of CA glue. I've been building planes for 34 years (I mostly use Titebond, Hysol, epoxy, etc) but CA fumes always takes me back to the beginning. That and the smell of nitro/castor burning.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent most of the evening messing with my computer. I've been having problems with my video card for awhile now so tonight I finally changed it. After a few hours of fiddling I finally got everything working again....... at least I think. I spent the last hour trying to get the video card to send sound through the HDMI cable to my TV. Turned out that the new driver was bad. I rolled it back to an old one and it's working fine. It's not been my best week with computers. I bought new memory for two of my laptops and one set seems to be bad since it wont work in either laptop. The other set works fine in both.

I also bought an HDMI switch to run multiple HDMI inputs into one port of one of my flat screens, but after all my rotten luck I'm reluctant to try it tonight.;)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to agree with you love the smell of castor and nitro. It brings back the day's racing 1/8 gas cars the little 21 doing 20000 plus rpm and just screaming down the straights with trail of smoke coming ont the side boy did it smell and sound good.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well one more step down. Cut a small piece of plywood for in the back to support the tail gear. Also glued in the landing gear plate and aluminum angles with epoxy. Once all that sets up add the cover plates and the additional landing gear side plates tomorro.
Build will slow down will be using wood glue and epoxy from now on liked the Titebond ca medium.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 171

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Did some maintenance to the 107" Yak today. Re-patched a hole in the bottom that was bugging me, sealed up an exhaust header leak, and replaced a bad plug on my ignition battery. Should be ready to thrash again :D