• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

WMcNabb

150cc
Cranked up the heater, finished the receiver and servo install, after rearranging things for the 4th or 5th time, and got her on the scales to check the weight and balance. 17.9 lbs., but CG where it needs to be. Baffle next.

image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@Bunky.F.Knuckle
Do it! I like black wheels! I've had several red cars with black wheels over the years. Including the one I'm driving now which is an 08 Honda Fit. Also had a 04 SRT 4, 91 Civic, and a 04 WRX. All of them were red with black wheels. Yes I'm a creature of habit.
I think it all started when I was a teenager and my dad had a Red 85 Thunderbird with black wheels. Loved that combo ever since.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well, I ended up working ALL weekend so I didn't get anything done on my Mach 1, but that's OK. Tomorrow night I am going to put the engine in it and get it ready to fly this weekend. According to the long range weather forecast, it's supposed to be very nice next weekend with sunny skies and temps in the high 50's and low 60's. Of course I'll believe it when I see it. . . LOL. The weather around here was terrible, but I'm lucky because it could have been much much worse.

Hey Mike, I have a question for you. I was watching Terry's video on setting up dual aileron servos on his Viper with the MKS777 servo's and I was wondering. Are ALL MKS servo's that noisy? Obviously, I know nobody will hear them once you fire up the engine in the plane, and it may have just been the fact that the camera was so close to them but they seem a little on the loud side to me.

Thanks Buddy

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Made some good progress on my charging station today. I managed to cram everything in my case and still able to close the lid without anything rubbing/hitting each other. Only thing left to do is solder up some longer balance board extensions for the X4 Eighty. Now I'll be able to charge 10 batteries at a time!

View attachment 48961

is this battery station primarily for gas powered or electric powered planes?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hey Mike, I have a question for you. I was watching Terry's video on setting up dual aileron servos on his Viper with the MKS777 servo's and I was wondering. Are ALL MKS servo's that noisy? Obviously, I know nobody will hear them once you fire up the engine in the plane, and it may have just been the fact that the camera was so close to them but they seem a little on the loud side to me.

Thanks Buddy

I'll have to watch Terry's servo setup video and report back.

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Thanks Buddy
I went back and skimmed through the video. I'd say the camera probably makes it sound a little worse than it actually is. But yes, all the ones I've played around with sound similar to that.