• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Put my Slick on its gear:

_mg_5537-jpg.48389

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I actually did a little something in my shop today. I worked on my Mach 1 (no, not the Mustang. . . LOL). I know @Jetpainter and @dhal22 know what one is, but for those of you who do not, it's a Classic pattern plane. No, it's not giant scale & yes, it will have a slimer on the front, but I LOVE them just the same. Anyway, I put all the servo's in it except the one for the retracts which is on back order till the end of the month. The engine will be going on next weekend. It's either going to get a pumped Super Tigre G60 and pipe, or a non pumped X60 and pipe. Can't wait until next spring to fly this thing. . . . :mario-banana:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I actually did a little something in my shop today. I worked on my Mach 1 (no, not the Mustang. . . LOL). I know @Jetpainter and @dhal22 know what one is, but for those of you who do not, it's a Classic pattern plane. No, it's not giant scale & yes, it will have a slimer on the front, but I LOVE them just the same. Anyway, I put all the servo's in it except the one for the retracts which is on back order till the end of the month. The engine will be going on next weekend. It's either going to get a pumped Super Tigre G60 and pipe, or a non pumped X60 and pipe. Can't wait until next spring to fly this thing. . . . :mario-banana:

What servo are you using for the retract? I might have one in stock.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@pawnshopmike I'm waiting for one of the new Futaba 3170's (I think that's right). It's all good though, I still need to spend allot of time this winter on the simulator to reattach my brain to my fingers. You know what I mean?:laughing:

Yeah Chris, they are fun. Especially when they groove like the Mach 1 should. . . . :yesss:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@pawnshopmike I'm waiting for one of the new Futaba 3170's (I think that's right). It's all good though, I still need to spend allot of time this winter on the simulator to reattach my brain to my fingers. You know what I mean?:laughing:

Yeah Chris, they are fun. Especially when they groove like the Mach 1 should. . . . :yesss:
Ah. Those I don't have. But I do have Spektrum and Hitec Retract Servos on hand.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks anyway Mike.

One of these days, I'm going to convince myself to try those MKS servo's you carry. May yet try them in my 1/3 scale Laser, but I don't know allot about them other than what I've read here on GSN.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Is yours glass or the wood kit?

I was hoping to work on my new Tipo 750 this winter, but between a horrible lack of work in my shop in the last few months, and more doctor and physical therapy visits than I care to think about, spending money on it just was not in the cards.

It's a brand new glass fuselage, that I bought last year. I'm less than thrilled with the quality, but I'll make it work. This one's going to be electric instead of glow so it should be an interesting project.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Is yours glass or the wood kit?

I was hoping to work on my new Tipo 750 this winter, but between a horrible lack of work in my shop in the last few months, and more doctor and physical therapy visits than I care to think about, spending money on it just was not in the cards.

It's a brand new glass fuselage, that I bought last year. I'm less than thrilled with the quality, but I'll make it work. This one's going to be electric instead of glow so it should be an interesting project.

Where did you get the fuse?