• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

I work on vehicles all the time. Check on ebay. I have found a lot of hard to get parts on there.

If I can't find it at a salvage yard today I will. I'm hopeful to find one though as I want my truck back. Got a brand new mojo40 that I just got rtf and without a truck it can't get to the field.

yakken

100cc
If I can't find it at a salvage yard today I will. I'm hopeful to find one though as I want my truck back. Got a brand new mojo40 that I just got rtf and without a truck it can't get to the field.
You could have a block that looks like this.[emoji15]
uploadfromtaptalk1452181028982.jpg

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Found what I need. Not to muddy and only cost me $21. Score. New tires ordered up to $720 in parts for it and I still gotta get it re inspected and front end alignment since I'm pulling a spindle off. Over half of what I originally paid for the truck.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
View attachment 47782

Found what I need. Not to muddy and only cost me $21. Score. New tires ordered up to $720 in parts for it and I still gotta get it re inspected and front end alignment since I'm pulling a spindle off. Over half of what I originally paid for the truck.

I snagged my 96 Grand Cherokee 5.2 for a whole $800 off craigslist and I have invested probably 3-4x that back into it. 2 replacement front axles (1 turned out to be bent- broke the original one completely in 2), new front driveshaft (mine turned out to be the pricier driveshaft because it is the newer model GC), new radiator, new alternator, new water pump, new IAC valve, new tires, new front unit bearings, a leveling kit in the front, lights, interior work, audio.... All ontop of routine maintenance, but the spending on improvements will never cease...

The way I see it, it's completely paid off and dribbling some money into it here and there is a lot less expensive than a new one!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
OK. So what's up with the inspection requirement?

Same deal here in Missouri. All cars over 5 years old have to pass a safety inspection every 2 years in order to get your license renewed. And depending on where in Missouri you live, you also have to pass emission test if your car is 1995 or newer.