• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I made it into the workshop for the first time in what seems like forever. I got my 50cc Aeroworks Extra 300 ready to travel. I sold it to a friend from Detroit a few months ago and a mutual friend is delivering it next week.

I also put a new USB cable on my RealFlight controller. It's been disconnecting constantly lately and I tracked it down to the cable. I don't know what they used for solder on that thing, but my pencil wouldn't touch it so I ended up splicing the wires instead. It seems to work great now.
20151205_180514_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I got a little work done on the Wild Tiger today. Servos are mounted an I tidied up the wiring as best I could with a combination of shrink tube, snake skin and hot glue. After much thought and consideration @cbarnes0061 and I decided the Spektrum A5060 was the way to go for servos. Lots of power for a mini servo that weighs less than one ounce!

Specs here:

This is the Spektrum A5060 High Voltage Metal Gear Mini Digital Aircraft Servo. The A5060 delivers big servo performance in a small package. Perfectly sized for 25-32 size aircraft, the A5060 helps to keep the weight down without sacrificing performance. Able to deliver 118 oz-in of torque and 0.11 transit speed at 7.4V, the A5060 will deliver the power, precision and durability you have come to expect from Spektrum servos.

Specifications:

• Size Category: Minis and Micros
    • Type: Digital
    • Application: 25- to 32-size aircraft
    • Torque:
      • @ 6.0V: 87 oz-in (6.3 kg-cm)
      • @ 7.4V: 118 oz-in (8.5 kg-cm)
    • Speed:
      • @ 6.0V: 0.15 sec/60 deg
      • @ 7.4V: 0.11 sec/60 deg
    • Length: 1.30 in (32.8mm)
    • Width: 0.58 in (13.7mm)
    • Height: 1.10 in (27.4mm)
    • Weight: 0.92 oz (26 g)
    • Bushing Or Bearing: Bearing
    • Bearing: Dual
    • Motor Type: Coreless
    • Connector Type: Universal
    • Gear Type: Metal
    • Voltage: 6.0 - 7.4V
image.jpg
View attachment 46275
image.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tried to remember where I was at on a scratch build project.
I have that same problem.;)

No workshop time for me today.:( I did go to a friends house to check out his new Carf 35% Extra 330SC project. Carf has really stepped up there work since my ten year old 330L was built. No seams on the top side and the paint has a much better shine.