• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 44565 View attachment 44566 View attachment 44567 View attachment 44568

@pawnshopmike she is all ready for you. Since the motor your using is the same as one I have on hand I fabbed up a mount for it. Airframe minus the motor wieghs 30.87 ounces.

Also pretty much wrapped up the kadet. Just gotta add the checkers on the elevator and balance it. Once that's done I will see if I can get this engine fired up on it.
Holy Smokes! That looks freaking awesome Chris! You hit that one out of the park.:yesss:

You should be working for one of the major airframe companies. Your schemes are 100 x's better than a lot of the stuff on the market today.

Damn. I'm really going to feel bad when I dumb thumb that one into the ground.:D

BalsaDust

Holy Smokes! That looks freaking awesome Chris! You hit that one out of the park.:yesss:

You should be working for one of the major airframe companies. Your schemes are 100 x's better than a lot of the stuff on the market today.

Damn. I'm really going to feel bad when I dumb thumb that one into the ground.:D

Yeah I'm really happy with how the scheme turned out. Only thing I don't like now is the white half circles. They looked good when it was just the wing but once I put it all together I don't think it looks as good.
Appreciate the kind words. The one thing I have noticed with a lot of schemes is they are getting really busy with the graphics. Take for example the 3DHS yellow and black extra. I think it's s pretty good looking scheme but if they just toned it down a little I think it would look even better. I will say any company wanting to use my schemes is welcome to it though.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Yeah I'm really happy with how the scheme turned out. Only thing I don't like now is the white half circles. They looked good when it was just the wing but once I put it all together I don't think it looks as good.
Appreciate the kind words. The one thing I have noticed with a lot of schemes is they are getting really busy with the graphics. Take for example the 3DHS yellow and black extra. I think it's s pretty good looking scheme but if they just toned it down a little I think it would look even better. I will say any company wanting to use my schemes is welcome to it though.

I like the half circles. Looks like the Sun.

Last edited:

thurmma

150cc
Last night I made mounts for the dual 32oz tanks in the LX :) Dead center on CG.

FuelTankMount.jpg

BalsaDust

Hey, I have a 20cc here doing nuthin'. Warbird would be super cool. Does it come with servo retracts?

Naw it comes with fixed gear and that's what he wants on it. He plans to use a DLE 20 and not sure about what servos he will use yet. I would like to have it as its a nice airframe.

Hope there's gonna be pics!

Yup there will be. Might do an assembly thread on it.