• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

-Rick-

100cc
Don’t believe I need to show a picture of a servos being installed. Had to make three extensors and all the servos are in. Now all that is required is for the motor to show up. Still cannot find a 3/4 inch diameter carbon tube and have make up mind on the Esc. I hope not but I keep have this vision of the plane completely done and built but cannot fly because I cannot find a tube that will be BAD.
Snoop, I have a 3/4 CF tube that is your for the asking, it is 28.5 inch long. You pay shipping that should not be much as we are not that far apart. PM me your address if you want it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
How about a 3/4” aluminum tube? Wasn’t that long ago when aluminum was the industry standard and they flew just fine. We are just spoiled now.
I agree with you but went through all the trouble making everything as light as possible. Redesigning a bunch of parts making the cowl out of balsa makes it very difficult for me just stick in a aluminum tube in the plane. But if that is what has to be done to get the plane into the air I will do that but it will be painful.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Don’t judge me... daaanngggg, I’ve been a busy bee... a very very messy busy bee. Time to drink my adult beverage and clean this mess up. I mean I’m working on the working on the floor right now and it’s messy too. LOL! At least I’m making progress on my projects.
7885F332-D79E-42B7-93C6-6D0CE5B0AD44.jpeg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I agree with you but went through all the trouble making everything as light as possible. Redesigning a bunch of parts making the cowl out of balsa makes it very difficult for me just stick in a aluminum tube in the plane. But if that is what has to be done to get the plane into the air I will do that but it will be painful.

Use aluminum for now just to get it in the air. Swap it out later for carbon fiber when you get the chance.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent a little time programming the new JR/DFA Force servos took a little bit of reading and understanding the terminology but got through it. You can set up nine parameters to configure the servo. So it is all set let’s see if I like it. Very interesting to be able to make that amount of tuning to a servo. I think I am really going to like this.

-Rick-

100cc
Spent a little time programming the new JR/DFA Force servos took a little bit of reading and understanding the terminology but got through it. You can set up nine parameters to configure the servo. So it is all set let’s see if I like it. Very interesting to be able to make that amount of tuning to a servo. I think I am really going to like this.
Help me understand. Now a days most parameters can be set up in my TX. I do not understand what the servo setting can do?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Some of the settings in the servo and the radio overlap. But differently. For example you can set zero on radio but if you move it a lot it will impact total throw in one direction. But when you program the servo it moves center and the end points. You can also change the gains which is very helpful if the servo dithers around center you can tune it out, and many other things can be changed.
One thing helpful is you can set servo throw from 100 to 180. Which is very helpful on throttle.