• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Finished covering the wings and added some strips. Weighed the plane not to bad everything on including one servo, the only thing missing is motor, Esc, batteries and three servos. The plane came in at 4 lbs 8oz. Looking promising.
DE4DD45A-8112-4BB6-B937-20529ECD6077.jpeg

Have a question do you think the plane should be weighed with or without batteries.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok but gas planes are all weighed the their gas tanks empty. They do not take at that weight. And normally do not land with the tank empty.
Gas is different because it changes by the minute. Electric planes don't loose weight while flying which is why I say All Up Weight.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have a question to the electric flyers. Does anyone have any experience with this Esc.
Scorpion Tribunus ll 12-130A ESC SBEC.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Don’t believe I need to show a picture of a servos being installed. Had to make three extensors and all the servos are in. Now all that is required is for the motor to show up. Still cannot find a 3/4 inch diameter carbon tube and have make up mind on the Esc. I hope not but I keep have this vision of the plane completely done and built but cannot fly because I cannot find a tube that will be BAD.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Don’t believe I need to show a picture of a servos being installed. Had to make three extensors and all the servos are in. Now all that is required is for the motor to show up. Still cannot find a 3/4 inch diameter carbon tube and have make up mind on the Esc. I hope not but I keep have this vision of the plane completely done and built but cannot fly because I cannot find a tube that will be BAD.
Did you check goodwinds?
https://goodwinds.com/product/fwet-fl-745-x-670-x-65-filament-wound-epoxy-tubing/

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Thanks for helping yes I have looked at that tube. My concern is that it is Fiberglas tube and manufactured with epoxy. It will be my first choice when I get very desperate. My fear is how flexible the tube will be. Looking through there site I cannot find anything on the modulus of elasticity for the tube . Thanks for helping it is really appreciate.

How about a 3/4” aluminum tube? Wasn’t that long ago when aluminum was the industry standard and they flew just fine. We are just spoiled now.