• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

TonyHallo

150cc
Need some help and or advice. How make a canopy.
Got bulkheads in place for the canopy and all set up. But no matter how I try cannot get the stringers to conform from the front to the back. Even tried cutting 1/8 square stringers and soaked them in winded but bib not work.
Need to find another way to make a canopy and change my thinking but this is not working
View attachment 117618
I would seem to me that the canopy and the front section need to be separate pieces. I believe your problem occurs when the bend reverses?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It does take some time, I strip planked the turtle deck on my Cherokee, it's the best solution when the surface is bending in two or more directions. One strip at a time!
View attachment 117626
Thanks, working on it slowly and I mean slowly. The only size I can get to work is 3/32 square wet so trying to see if it makes any sense. Got three strips in place and deciding if I should continue. Keep you posted.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would seem to me that the canopy and the front section need to be separate pieces. I believe your problem occurs when the bend reverses?
You are correct the reverse bend cannot be done or let me say I cannot get it to work. Yes I will make split there and see how it goes. Thanks

WMcNabb

150cc
Have a fuselage, a single piece lower wing, and tail feathers. Making slow progress.

1F341CF7-4A04-453F-A101-25B15C585D8D.jpeg

Attachments

• 9CB029EF-A205-49EF-965F-20CE0C0FA8CD.jpeg
    9CB029EF-A205-49EF-965F-20CE0C0FA8CD.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 163
  • 2B511306-E04D-484F-9513-802A5C1D4227.jpeg
    2B511306-E04D-484F-9513-802A5C1D4227.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 160

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@acerc hi how are you doing nice to hear from you, are you still in semi retirement from RC or are you getting interested again. Hope all is well .

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@acerc hi how are you doing nice to hear from you, are you still in semi retirement from RC or are you getting interested again. Hope all is well .
Been doing good and got interested again a few weeks ago. Would be in the shop right now but we are in a worm overload season. Next thing up is to finish covering the Bulldog but not even a consideration with a million worms all over the front covered work area, where I cover. But I have noticed today they are starting to die back and or go into cocoon mode. So may be able to start finishing the covering next week.