• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The worst thing about your son working in your shop is the best thing I've read. Make a mess son, just learn how to use your hands, head and tools. Highschool engineering project and he made a can crusher. And a mess.

20210328_124923.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need some help and or advice. How make a canopy.
Got bulkheads in place for the canopy and all set up. But no matter how I try cannot get the stringers to conform from the front to the back. Even tried cutting 1/8 square stringers and soaked them in winded but bib not work.
Need to find another way to make a canopy and change my thinking but this is not working
C9F011EC-3F04-4179-B040-46736F21D372.jpeg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Need some help and or advice. How make a canopy.
Got bulkheads in place for the canopy and all set up. But no matter how I try cannot get the stringers to conform from the front to the back. Even tried cutting 1/8 square stringers and soaked them in winded but bib not work.
Need to find another way to make a canopy and change my thinking but this is not working
View attachment 117618

Can you glue one joint at a time with thin ca?

BalsaDust

Great saw, I'm still learning pinless saw tricks. Another eBay classic, they aren't made like that anymore.

my advice is to order nice blades. I have a couple sets of the cheap pinless blades from Lowe’s. I believe they are made my Bosch abs they work fine but are very sensitive to using too much pressure and will break easy. I got a nicer set a couple years ago and they hold a lot better.