• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Ok you have my interest what are you drawing up. If I may suggest on the long sheets down the fuselage connect the sheets with a dovetail so that they interlock.

Every piece in there has some sort of keyed connection to the others it’s just hard to show unless I make the parts different colors. As for what I’m doing. A buddy over a year ago asked me to draw up a balsa version of the flitetest simple scout. I got mostly done with it in regular AutoCAD but was unable to see how some parts would come together. Now that I have a 3D software I’m able to put the pieces together and make sure they work the way it should. Will be 48” span and 2200mah 3S lipo setup for power.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Just finished painting the Timber Fuse AF Gray, need to paint the D-Day Strips on the bottom of the fuse yet. I Also changed out all the Crap Clevis's on the 2m T-28 To Ball links from Motion RC. Now for the floats, but I haven't decided on the color. I have to decide what Color to paint the Nose too. Any Suggestions????
ball1.jpg 2balls.jpg IMG_2740[666].jpg Army2.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Almost what I was thinking Floats will be Silver, I have two cans of Aluminum 2X Rust-Oleum, and the Nose will be RED I like that thank you WMcNabb That Helps me with such a big dilemma I was having LOL!!!!! Used most of the left over decals from my 78" B-24 Liberator on this Timber Man it sure Changed what it looked like Before I started on it . I hope My brother is going to like it. He really didn't care what I did as long as it had US ARMY on it LOL!!!
USARMY.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I just got some Deluxe Materials EZ-Kote I am going to glass the floats with The stuff, it's supposed to be great and 10 times better and much lighter than Epoxy resin. I will soon find out, and it will be dry to the touch and ready to paint they say in 20 to 30 minutes rather than a whole day or more when done with Epoxy resin.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I just got some Deluxe Materials EZ-Kote I am going to glass the floats with The stuff, it's supposed to be great and 10 times better and much lighter than Epoxy resin. I will soon find out, and it will be dry to the touch and ready to paint they say in 20 to 30 minutes rather than a whole day or more when done with Epoxy resin.
Please post your results and opinion on the EZ-Kote. I have a bottle but have not tried it yet.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Please post your results and opinion on the EZ-Kote. I have a bottle but have not tried it yet.
Used EZ-kote used it several times like the stuff. Not as hard as epoxy but a lot easier to work with, and you can do it in the house no smell. Sands good. Just it is expensive to do a hole plane with it you need quite a few bottles.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok because of Covid19 we have all been told to stay at home for 14 days. Starting to get bored and looking for something to do all my stuff is built and almost ready to go.
So cleaning up in the work shop found a old kit that I had purchased in 1993 from from Ohio RC in Germantown in Ohio. Some of you my remember the company it was one of the first to bring out larger scale planes. Well I found one of there kits tucked away. Opened it and everything still there except the manual but did still have the drawings in the box. Great that is all I need. This is a real builders kit box of balsa and go build. First thing that will be changed is the wing from one piece to two halves. The fuselage does not one flat surface on it.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ok because of Covid19 we have all been told to stay at home for 14 days. Starting to get bored and looking for something to do all my stuff is built and almost ready to go.
So cleaning up in the work shop found a old kit that I had purchased in 1993 from from Ohio RC in Germantown in Ohio. Some of you my remember the company it was one of the first to bring out larger scale planes. Well I found one of there kits tucked away. Opened it and everything still there except the manual but did still have the drawings in the box. Great that is all I need. This is a real builders kit box of balsa and go build. First thing that will be changed is the wing from one piece to two halves. The fuselage does not one flat surface on it.

Build thread? Photos? What engine? What finish scheme? What glue? :dancing-chicken: