Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Agreed! Pretty silly they cannot sell me an antenna regardless.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

I did a thing this morning. Should liven it up quite a bit.

thumb-4F38498A-EA4F-433B-B765-D865A710871F.jpg

AKNick, dhal22, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Decided it’s been a few years.... yeah definitely time to change the battery in my 73” AJ Laser.
    EdNano meet NoBs the new blue recruit.
    88046E8F-10DD-4510-AD2C-CE5D43A4F488.jpeg
    You can tell my snakeskin skillz have improved!

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Question for you spectrum guys. My UMX timber. Wanna make the ailerons work as flaps. They are both on seperate channels. How do I go about setting it up. Things look different from my old futaba or how I know to do it with my taranis.

5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Unfortunately I’ve only been able to do this with an Aura, where all the settings were on it and not in the transmitter.

Which model of Spektrum transmitter and does each surface have its own channel?

6. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Yeah just a dx9 and each on their own channel though not sure which channels off the top of my head.

7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Wish I knew the answer.
    Just downloaded the DX9 manual to see if it has the same features as my DX18. Looks like a combination of making a mix between aileron and flap, and assigning it to a switch, if you want both ailerons and flaps or full span ailerons. If you want only full span ailerons, then select the wing type as four aileron.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    2A052355-88DC-42C3-BBBD-1E1BF39753EE.jpeg 8ED57C36-D23B-4B9C-A37E-267118C62D6A.jpeg

@pawnshopmike well you asked for it some of the pictures of the new aeroplane build shop being built hope to have it in closed before the winter flies. It is 62 by 32 ft and 15 ft tall to the underside of the rafters. Fully insulated up R34 all around and 9 loops of floor heating.

9. Very nice! I’m jealous of the shop and the tractor both.

AKNick and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Amen to that brother. . . . . . :yesss:.

AKNick, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.