• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Very cool and informative article. Thanks for sharing it!

I'm glad John wrote it. I'm curious about the POT sizes, guessing the mini vs standard servos have different pots, but maybe not...

Edit: I've noticed he keeps editing the info. Including my question ha ha. So it's not a quote. But he used the guts of my question.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That’s awesome brother. Ryan said you guys had a pretty good turnout. Wish I could have made it.
Here's a drone shot from someone Saturday. A lot of them camped Saturday night as well so we had a good time Sunday too.
I think Ryan must have had a REALLY good time Saturday night because when I left around 2 in the afternoon Sunday he still hadn't shown up to get his airplanes or EZ-Up.:cheers:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Wrote John at ProModeler an e-mail about throttle servo choices for gassers and for info about using mini servos last night. Today I get an e-mail of an article he published today answering my question (yes that's my question he posted). WAY COOL!!!!! His explination in detail is too nice not to share here:

http://www.promodeler.com/askJohn/Gasser-throttle-servo
Thanks very informative enjoyed reading it.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Here's a drone shot from someone Saturday. A lot of them camped Saturday night as well so we had a good time Sunday too.
I think Ryan must have had a REALLY good time Saturday night because when I left around 2 in the afternoon Sunday he still hadn't shown up to get his airplanes or EZ-Up.:cheers:
Lol. Sounds par!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok I am excited just found out that the new Timber 110 has arrived in the USA. Now all they have to do is start there distribution. Hope to get mine in the next couple of weeks.

You and me both buddy! My LHS has one coming with my name on it. Lets do an assembly thread when they show up!

Edit: Just saw what you saw on the other site. 8am Delivery tomorrow. Expected to ship out Thursday or Friday!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You and me both buddy! My LHS has one coming with my name on it. Lets do an assembly thread when they show up!

Edit: Just saw what you saw on the other site. 8am Delivery tomorrow. Expected to ship out Thursday or Friday!
giphy.gif
We should start build thread and have some with it.