• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Spammers are getting out of hand.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
it's an open forum, there will always be spammers that get through. so long as we keep out the spambots then we're doing ok.

we're going through a software update sometime in the next few days. updates have been effective at improving the site so we're expecting the latest to help also. as soon as the update is on the schedule and when I know if there will be any significant downtime I'll post it to a new thread.

enjoy your summer everyone and we'll talk about further site improvements in the fall. i know everyone wants active threads on the homepage, it'll be number one on the to-do list when we go back into site improvement mode.

BalsaDust

Sorry Bart got busy with work this morning before I could get to them. The past two days I deleted around 15 each day.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Sorry Bart got busy with work this morning before I could get to them. The past two days I deleted around 15 each day.
not a problem at all Chris, no need to apologize. it'll get better, just need to get the ducks in a row back here at HQ. ;)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
There are still options to deal with the spammers but as I have been very busy decluttering my online life and now prepping for Joe Nall we've been dealing with it day by day.
Regardless of what we do though there will always be ways in for spammers to exploit

Last edited:

BalsaDust

I got rid of about 15 spammers yesterday morning before I had to hit the classroom for drivers meeting and drivers class and then spent plenty of time on track. Sorry if I missed more that may have popped up after that.