• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

The Original 50cc from 3DHS, the 85" Katana!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I guess I should try it. I don't even do it in 2 servo wings, now do I have equalizers. Just mechanically adjust by feel and sound. I've only burned up one servo since flying 100cc plus planes in 11 years. Am I just really lucky or am I draining batteries and putting a lot of strain on my gear?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I guess I should try it. I don't even do it in 2 servo wings, now do I have equalizers. Just mechanically adjust by feel and sound. I've only burned up one servo since flying 100cc plus planes in 11 years. Am I just really lucky or am I draining batteries and putting a lot of strain on my gear?

Probably both. I'd at least recommend putting an amp meter online from your flight pack, and deflecting each control both directions, one at a time. You'll see quick if you've got any issues.

Letzrock

50cc
Probably both. I'd at least recommend putting an amp meter online from your flight pack, and deflecting each control both directions, one at a time. You'll see quick if you've got any issues.

Can you recommend a good amp meter.

wedoitall

Can you recommend a good amp meter.

I just soldered some ec3 connectors on the one end of a servo extension to connect to my watts up meter. Joe Smith recommend one from Taildragger RC if I remember correctly, that one can do up to 4 servos at a time. I'll have to have one of those. I think it's Hangar 9 that makes one also for one servo at a time. The multiple servo meter would be handy dandy for surfaces that has multiple servos.

I highly recommend that you use a meter to set up your servos. I've tested surfaces that from normal amp draw to binding draw was just a degree or two of deflection. I wish somebody told me about this a year ago when I started flying. I know of 2 of my planes that it would have saved.

Letzrock

50cc
I just soldered some ec3 connectors on the one end of a servo extension to connect to my watts up meter. Joe Smith recommend one from Taildragger RC if I remember correctly, that one can do up to 4 servos at a time. I'll have to have one of those. I think it's Hangar 9 that makes one also for one servo at a time. The multiple servo meter would be handy dandy for surfaces that has multiple servos.

I highly recommend that you use a meter to set up your servos. I've tested surfaces that from normal amp draw to binding draw was just a degree or two of deflection. I wish somebody told me about this a year ago when I started flying. I know of 2 of my planes that it would have saved.

I don't seem to be finding one on there website.