• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Kool Kanary (Giant Hot Kanary)

Bipeguy03

150cc
This afternoon I made the servo rails as well as the pushrod supports.

WP_20171013_001.jpg

WP_20171013_002.jpg

With the pushrod supports, and outer casing in it was time to sheet the bottom of the aft fuse.

WP_20171013_003.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Taking some sticks and sheets of wood and putting them together and making a really cool flying "thing-a-majig" is lots of fun. I am actually looking forward to the Velox build for my friend this winter.

Keep up the awesome, (as always) work!:way_to_go:

Bipeguy03

150cc
The bottom wing has been progressing slowly the last few days (I've been dealing with a pulled muscle in my shoulder).

One of the changes I made is the rear spar, the plans called for a single larger top spar with no bottom and had it moved further aft. I changed it so both top and bottom wings have two 1/4" sq. Spars at the same location. This also will increase the cord of the aileron by an inch, giving me 16 sq/in more aileron surface combined.

WP_20171016_001.jpg

WP_20171016_002.jpg

Full span shear webs, the middle shear web is made from 1/8" lite ply.

WP_20171017_002.jpg

Top 3/32" sheeting is on. Here is another change I made, the plans showed a 5/16" sq. Stick on its side (like a diamond) as the leading edge. I changed that to a flat nosed rib, with a 1/8" sub leading edge, and after sheeting is complete I will glue on a 3/8" leading edge cap. This creates a stair step for the sheeting to sit on, and also makes the leading edge laminated which is stronger.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Pecking away at the bottom wing.

With the spar location change, I'm also changing from strip ailerons to built up ailerons. First thing to do is glue the aileron but ribs in place on the sheeting.

WP_20171018_001.jpg

Putting the sheeting on the bottom of the wing.

WP_20171020_001.jpg

After that I finished up the center section sheeting.

WP_20171020_002.jpg

Now its on to cutting the the ailerons free.

WP_20171020_003.jpg

Alky6

150cc
What process (and tools) did you use to cut the ailerons free? Loving watching this go together! Also, what are you going to use for structure in the wing for hinges? I suppose I should be patient and wait till you get there! LOL