• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.
Thanks for the update ALawson999. Looks great. We fly in the yard a lot here. I totally get it. Stick time, it's a real plane (vs sim) and your not driving a trailer anywhere, setting up tents, etc... simple pure flying fun! Nothing better....

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I had a motor wire seperate on the 14gram 1620kv outrunner (using 6A esc and 250 mah 2s lipo)

I was able to repair it, but decided to try to alternate motor/esc/battery combo of
19 gram 1750kv outrunner
12A esc
360mah lipo

CG moved from near the nose to just in front of the aileron servo
Overall weight went up about 20 grams (half motor/esc, half battery)

For outdoor flying in calm conditions, I like this slightly more powerful setup better.

Will likely switch back to the lighter setup when the weather changes and we move indoors.