• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.
Good luck bro! Just completing an SU29 for this weekend. It's very light and looks like it will be an aerobatic monster. Stay tuned. Will open a new thread for it!

SU29 Small pic.jpg

alawson999

70cc twin V2
got my Inferno built and maiden flights .

Quite the floater - just got to pick my super calm mornings and just before susnset times to fly.
[MENTION=103]Rolling Circle[/MENTION] - Where did your CG point drive your battery placement?
I am using the TH 2S 250mah, and with the velcro/painters tape to play with different locations, I am coiming up only a 1 - 1.5 " behind the firewall,

Built it to the plans, and was fairly frugal with the Welders

On our Inferno, the batt is also a Twisted 250mah and it is mounted longways. It's trailing edge is at the leading edge of the ail servo. We have the CG about 3/4 to 1 inch in front of the leading edge of the elevator servo. We have a couple pieces of flat carbon in the lower drivers left quarter of the fuse to reduce twist from torque and we also have a rod from wood disk on wheel pants to wood hub on bottom of fuse (to reduce flex in gear). Hope it helps and very glad you built one. Luke's RC had them for sale at Nall. Hope to se a lot more of them flying this season. Great plane! Hope you like it.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thanks - golden info

Suspect a few will get sold at my flying sites, based on the positive comments I am getting.

LG may need some attention - even very soft and slow landings on the asphalt park Iot is grinding down the foam.

Overall, I am delighted

Thanks - golden info

Suspect a few will get sold at my flying sites, based on the positive comments I am getting.

LG may need some attention - even very soft and slow landings on the asphalt park Iot is grinding down the foam.

Overall, I am delighted

We have about 1/2" of carbon on the bottom of the wheel pants from in front of the wheel shape and up onto the wheel so that the carbon is the lowest point and so it will be the point of contact. Most of the mods are adding weight in front of the CG but behind your battery location which should bring your batt location back a very small amount if any at all. Glad to hear of the interest. The planes are definitely beautiful and they fly extremely well.

Enjoy. Post a vid or some pics when you have a chance.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I thought about your mods, and did something similar, but with a twist.

I added 1.5MM rod between the LG and the half moon ply on the fuse to add some stiffness.

Inferno LG mod 2.JPG

I found some very light wheels, collars and wire lg which I tied to the CF rectangular struts, then
plugged in the wheel pants outboard to all. Wheels are tiny - I used a dime to show scale -

I figure the whole set of mods cost me about 4 grams in weight - and as you noted, weight near the CG isn't too big a concern.

What do you think?

Inferno LG mod 1.JPG

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thought it was time for a little update.

Though the Inferno is intended as a indoor, depron alternative, I have been using mine as a 3D "driveway flyer".

In the summer, there is often a window of time, either just after sunrise, or just before sunset, when the winds die to near zero.

I have been using this window of low wind as a chance to fly off my driveway - lots of large mature trees in my neighborhood, but I can get just above them, and fly slow and somewhat close in.

Kids in the neighbohood are permitted to take turns as "launcher" - essentially the thumb and forefinger grip on the airplane tilted slightly away from vertical - run prop to half power - count to 3 and let them release - the inferno just eases away out of thier hand - if I am having a good day, I can walk it to the middle of the street to a hover at just above SUV height.

Definitely slow, slow slow speed - but I like the challenge of super slow flying - and it keeps the adult neighbors from getting into a panic .

The TH 250mah 2s is the preferred battery for me, though I only get about 4 minutes of flying time - but since I just harrier it in at my feet, swap the battery, and go back to flying, the short time is not a problem.

Flying lots of other stuff in other places - but there is something very special about flying a few steps out your door, with no prep or logistics.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice! i love the flexibility of a small foamy as well. It's nice just to walk out the door and have some fun!