• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I guess I should be posting here. It's currently 35* outside and my fingers stop working correctly below 50*! The last 3 days have been filled with rain and even snow :eek:

Itching to go fly again.. :oblong:

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I've seen it happen to others many times and I never could understand it until now. I think about flying and I just go "Nah." Maybe flying competition (IMAC) for the last 6 years has killed it for me. It did with Bass fishing many years ago. My last three trips the field I didn't even pull my plane out. Crap.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Robotech,

You sound like me. Even when the weather is nice, there are allot of times I go to the flying field and never take a plane out of the back of my Durango. . . . . :confused:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've seen it happen to others many times and I never could understand it until now. I think about flying and I just go "Nah." Maybe flying competition (IMAC) for the last 6 years has killed it for me. It did with Bass fishing many years ago. My last three trips the field I didn't even pull my plane out. Crap.

Perfect time to stop IMACing and start 3Ding!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I guess I should be posting here. It's currently 35* outside and my fingers stop working correctly below 50*! The last 3 days have been filled with rain and even snow :eek:

Itching to go fly again.. :oblong:

ha ha ha my personal cutoff is 33* that's enough time to play in the sky for a 5 min fix. Many variables though.... wind is a big factor. I had a flying buddy try and break his record of -3* but only got to +2* he flies a Tower 60 with a nitro .70 FS, uses a generator hooked up to a hairdryer to get the engine preheated, leaves the tranny in the heated truck. Lets just say he had to work an aileron servo to get it to move correctly. The other thing he's noticing is that the engine on an idle decent cools off to quickly! not my idea of fun, but I'll fill up a thermos of coffee and penguin huddle next to the propane heater so I can fly my fun cub around the patch ha ha.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have days when I feel burned out, but since I fly with a friend all the time we keep each other motivated. We've been flying together since we started in 85 and when he quit when his kids were little, I quit as well. It just wasn't fun without having a partner in crime.

When he started flying again I was reluctant, but he talked me into it. Now I've got so much invested again that when I had lunch with him the other day, I told him if he quits flying again I'm going to have to kill him.;)

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Gotta stick with it for him now. I have my 8 year old hooked working on teaching my 6 year old. Some days I just like to watch them fly. We play pass the transmitter and see who can land better and do touch goes for an hour or so. Nothing beats watching them fly and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to agree with you guys I fly with my friend all the time we both try very hard to accommodate each other to get to the field so that we have some body to fly with. If had to fly by my self or just go to the field hopping that somebody may be there I do think I would fly as often as I do. During the season we fly twice a week and try for a third if it works out.