• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Why is it that on your day off, your eyes "POP" wide open at 4:30 a.m. as though they had a mind of their own? No alarms set, the house was very cool and the blankets oh so comfy. I wanted so much to sleep in. After the week I had, I could think of nothing better to do than to just stay in bed for a bit. But NOOOOO.... My eyes said, "C-mon, lets go flying"! Ok, I guess since I am awake now, I suppose we can toss a plane on the charger. What did I decide on?

20160224_133704.jpg

I got out to the field a little after 9 and it was already too warm to get really wild. I wanted to do some prop testing in light of some of the newer "bigger" engines hitting the market. Yup, that "dub" 170 is still total beast. Anyway, I figured just some very relaxing and precision flying today. Well, ok...maybe some three minute rolling harriers from one end of the runway and back. LOL. I wanted to also get her a little more dialed in. But seriously, holds a perfect knife edge rudder input only. Aileron rolls are still perfectly axial. And uplines true, straight and dead on. She is no spring chicken of 20 or so any longer. She turned 102 (flights) today. When ever I need my relaxing fix, The Sukhoi is my all time favorite "go to" plane.

Oh what's that? My old man nap alarm is sounding. Hope you all had as peaceful and relaxing Saturday morning as I did. Keep 'em flying guys.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
All week I've been working hard trying to get my Hangar 9 Extra 300X ready to maiden. Today I was going to finishing up all the radio programing, balance it, weigh it, and test run it. Well lets just say it's more tail heavy than Kim Kardashian. Now I need to move the batteries as for forward as I can and I don't have any wire to build extensions for my LiPo's. And even after moving the batteries it's going to need weight.:(

So tonight I fixed a few issues with my Pilot Edge and charged it, and it's going to the field tomorrow.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I went to the field yesterday hoping to get a couple of flights in. It was blowing about 20mph and above but was hoping that as the afternoon went along that the wind would slow done WRONG AGAIN. But anyway while sitting there waiting for the wind to die down and on top of that it was almost 90 degrees to the runway now if it was straight down the runway I would have given it a go. Now there were a few other brave soles trying to fly but the end result was a couple of end plates were snapped off and one person snapped the wing tip off i guess he had broken the end plate a couple of times so he built a better and stronger end plate but now he took the hole wing end tip off with the end plate he was not a happy camper. And a couple of propeller tips were damaged. After all that did not fly and when home.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Decided to go fly at the Hemet Model Masters club yesterday, about an hour north of me. Flew with some buddies, nothing but shenanigans and good times were had. SUPA Tim Hanstine came through and let me borrow a prop while waiting for my new one to come in so I wasn't grounded- seriously, one of THE raddest dudes ever :way_to_go:

Pilot Edge is starting to massage in and loosen up, I think I need to move the CG back a little bit now. The more I fly it the more I realize it's nose heavy.

20116787_10214554306998335_2926634580344692309_o.jpg

Back down to the home club today for more flying with giants.

20045485_10214567147479339_484134853073131198_o.jpg

No flight pictures, we were all instigating too many shenanigans :laughing:

BalsaDust

IMG_0622.JPG
Had a blast flying with the guys at CVRC today. Put another half gallon of fuel through the sukhoi and really loving the plane. Finally starting to get a feel for it in harrier (realized I needed to carry a little more speed) and can see more and more that the plane is a touch tail heavy so I gotta figure that out. I have a header and canister to install on it but that will make things worse so maybe I need to install the smoke system on it to add more weight or sell the dle55 and up it to a 61 or a 70 twin.