• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Yeah, I wouldn't want to start flying a brand new plane after 7 months of not flying! Thanks military for keeping me down south to be able to fly year round. Otherwise, I would be in your boat in North Dakota and not flying for LONG periods as well...

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Going out for my first time of the year tomorrow. The club has been trying to pass all kinds of new rules, so hopefully I won't break too many of them just by leaving the ground. ;)

We had an "L" shaped field with tons of shade trees behind the flight line which was awesome. It sounds like they cut down a bunch of the trees and are now even making noise about getting rid of the "L" shape layout. @pawnshopmike and @Decal Dennis have been there and I'm sure they would agree we had a pretty nice setup. Tomorrow I'll get to see just how bad they screwed it up. They even dropped one of the trees on the Quonset hut and smashed the roof in.:mad:

Ugh. Where's the "Dislike" button? :confused:

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Yeah, I wouldn't want to start flying a brand new plane after 7 months of not flying! Thanks military for keeping me down south to be able to fly year round. Otherwise, I would be in your boat in North Dakota and not flying for LONG periods as well...
I'm in South Dakota, i go nuts after not flying for a week or so.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well hopefully today is the day. Weather looks promising with a break in the very unsettled Idaho spring. A saying we have here is, "If you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes. It'll change!" But the change could be worse than what we have already.
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

None the less, I'm headed for the field with a certain Custom Pitts.
20170506_121535.jpg

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Going out for my first time of the year tomorrow. The club has been trying to pass all kinds of new rules, so hopefully I won't break too many of them just by leaving the ground. ;)

We had an "L" shaped field with tons of shade trees behind the flight line which was awesome. It sounds like they cut down a bunch of the trees and are now even making noise about getting rid of the "L" shape layout. @pawnshopmike and @Decal Dennis have been there and I'm sure they would agree we had a pretty nice setup. Tomorrow I'll get to see just how bad they screwed it up. They even dropped one of the trees on the Quonset hut and smashed the roof in.:mad:

Dang.....sounds like all hell has broke loose there!!!