• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
3 day weekend this weekend, who's planning on 3 days of FUN????! :epic:
I wish it was a three day, I could use one. The weather here this weekend is forecast to be about perfect. Low 70's, sunny and a 5 MPH wind. Experience tells me they'll be wrong, but I guess we'll see.;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I wish it was a three day, I could use one. The weather here this weekend is forecast to be about perfect. Low 70's, sunny and a 5 MPH wind. Experience tells me they'll be wrong, but I guess we'll see.;)
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I plan to head to the field Saturday myself. Guess I am stuck flying a 157cs powered 260. Oh darn....LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I plan to head to the field Saturday myself. Guess I am stuck flying a 157cs powered 260. Oh darn....LOL
Sorry for your bad luck.;)

It's looking like helicopters for me Saturday and my Pilot Edge on Sunday. I'm looking forward to wringing out the new motor in the Edge that I couldn't do last Sunday because the rudder servo failed on my first flight.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Although it was quite chilly and very blustery upon arriving to the field this morning, a little conversation with my friend and his son, my new student pilot...soon gave way to warmer temps and a drop in the wind to around 15. I took "Baby" to fly and I figured why not. First flight of the day required a 157cs prop rip and some high alpha into the wind harriers. What fun! Baby sure continues to fly sweet. Second flight was with the new student. He did remarkably well. Just like his dad while teaching him. After that I just "had" to release the reins on Baby. Great rollers and super clean blenders. Best part of the day....no, dang it, no photos. (I think they were too shocked to move a muscle) Full throttle down on the deck 3 feet from disaster inverted high speed pass!!!! That ole girl just always delivers a really awesome performance. I think @SupaTim, @Geno and David (the big Kahunna) Mahan are a bad influence on me! Everytime I think of decommissioning Baby for a nicer, newer more updated airframe I take her out for a couple of spins and am quickly reminded why I hang on to her so tenderly and firmly. I just love flying her!
20160806_082227.jpg 20160806_082205.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It turned out that the weather guessers were right today for a change. It was an awesome day! I decided to try out my new charge case and took two helicopters to the field this afternoon.

Tomorrow is Pilot Edge day. Hopefully I'll get more time in then I did last Sunday when my rudder servo quit.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I was right for a change. Matthew is preventing any flying around here. We got over a foot of rain yesterday and quite a bit of wind, but it was nothing like what our fellow flyers got down in Florida and South Carolina. I hope everyone down there is doing OK considering what they went through.