• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The heat is on down here. Air conditioner even says it to darn hot! This crap got to go now! @stangflyer the DA is just too pretty for me to let go :big-grin:. It will fly in the extra 330sc but I still got crap to fix and figure out with it. Gives me something to ponder other than my waistline:laughing:. Speaking of waistline.......I'm sitting in the Hardee's parking lot so I can get on line time to time. Oh the temptation! Hope to have internet back at the home soon. I did get out to maiden the U can do sf last week but once I got to the field it was just better to go back home and cool off.
0808150237-00.jpg
0808150238-00.jpg
0808150237-01.jpg

emtp275

100cc
Got some quality time with my 104 today, was really happy with hucking it like it was my 89. Even had a passer by stop to watch and ask the guys if I was flying drunk cuz I was really being crazy lol the young Carson come out with his new beater and a foamy he built with no plans from dollar store foam board and it flew awesome I was kind of amazed.

Finally got my DT 700E heli tuned up and flying again. Been having an issue with the swashplate tipping as it sits level on the ground. It resulted in a set of main blades and a couple of links for a pitch arm. Tried different flybarless unit, but same brand, another model memory in my XG11 and finally 2 different Rxs. The 2nd 8ch 831RB did the same thing as the first one. But I bind a 631RB to the model , and it works perfectly fine. I have no idea on why it works, but it does and flew it 4x. Model has no more than 10 flights on it, now.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally got my DT 700E heli tuned up and flying again. Been having an issue with the swashplate tipping as it sits level on the ground. It resulted in a set of main blades and a couple of links for a pitch arm. Tried different flybarless unit, but same brand, another model memory in my XG11 and finally 2 different Rxs. The 2nd 8ch 831RB did the same thing as the first one. But I bind a 631RB to the model , and it works perfectly fine. I have no idea on why it works, but it does and flew it 4x. Model has no more than 10 flights on it, now.
Nothing worse than Gremlins you can't find.

I'm going to try and remaiden my Trex 550 this weekend after a crash and rebuild. I always hate the thoughts in the back of your mind like are those servos really still good. Is the FBL controller okay after bashing it into the ground. It's bad enough with an airplane, but the heli freaks me out even more.

Thats no joke...... Just get it up and hover it, and set it back down. Get the laptop out and check the vibe log. TRexs are famous for having bad vibes after crashes.....

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thats no joke...... Just get it up and hover it, and set it back down. Get the laptop out and check the vibe log. TRexs are famous for having bad vibes after crashes.....
Unfortunately I don't have any way to log vibrations with an AR7200bx. Other than a Vbar, what other options are there?