• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well another eventful day at the field with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969, I need the bad luck to subside any time, I did get lucky today as I come in for a fast low knife edge on the pilot extra, Let it sink and added rudder to level off the sink and nothing! added more and she kept getting lower the plane was also close to the flight line so I pushed down to get it away from danger to any one at the field and I cant even tell you what i did after that it was all a blur but the plane was leveled out and climbing away from us. I landed and I had snapped a pull pull cable most likely during the pop top prior to knife edge but either way I took her apart and loaded up not pushing my luck any more today on another airframe.
Smart thing to do.:yesss:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well another eventful day at the field with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969, I need the bad luck to subside any time, I did get lucky today as I come in for a fast low knife edge on the pilot extra, Let it sink and added rudder to level off the sink and nothing! added more and she kept getting lower the plane was also close to the flight line so I pushed down to get it away from danger to any one at the field and I cant even tell you what i did after that it was all a blur but the plane was leveled out and climbing away from us. I landed and I had snapped a pull pull cable most likely during the pop top prior to knife edge but either way I took her apart and loaded up not pushing my luck any more today on another airframe.
Awesome save @emtp275 We were all over giving the pollock crap as he put his SpaceWalker together, when I noticed you change your posture. I knew something was up, when you pushed out toward barn, you were still in knife edge bout 4-5' off ground, and you finally leveled wings, and hollered something is wrong. Glad ya got her back safely. I suggest you get yourself over to nearest church and confess.

Attachments

• IMG_20150804_182936.jpg
    IMG_20150804_182936.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 235

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Awesome save @emtp275 We were all over giving the pollock crap as he put his SpaceWalker together, when I noticed you change your posture. I knew something was up, when you pushed out toward barn, you were still in knife edge bout 4-5' off ground, and you finally leveled wings, and hollered something is wrong. Glad ya got her back safely. I suggest you get yourself over to nearest church and confess.
He probably should go to the nearest Walmart for a fresh change of panties before the confession. :laughing:I know I'd have :dancing-poop: myself!

So I'm looking forward to flying all day at work. Instead of getting off a little early, I got hung up and was a little late. Perfect weather, light clouds, 80'ish degrees,just a hint of a breeze. Load up the plane, get to the field, and THE OLD GOATS ARE MOWING THE FIELD!!!!!

2015-08-06 22.00.22.jpg

No, literally, goats were mowing the field. Nothing a couple of low passes couldn't take care of though! :devil-dance:

Ended up being a great night of flying (but not great flying) had the field to myself.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The weekend is here!!! Charged all batteries, now just to fill the gas can and roll out tomorrow morning :cool:
Fly a couple of flights for me Tanner. Can't make it tomorrow due to a promise to a friend who's house seems to be floating away from her busted lawn sprinkler system. Ah but Sunday...yes Sunday....I shall be manning the sticks while my Sukhoi is high in the morning sky. Or as @Terryscustom would like to see it, down "low" as a rattlesnakes belly low just huckn' along.
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Oh man, a little bit of squirming I bet. Good for you.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a friend in town from Detroit and he and his son are going flying with me tomorrow. Earlier this week the forecast for Sunday was 82 with lower humidity. Right now the forecast for Sunday says 97 extremely humid and a 30% chance of rain. Figures. :(