• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I think what made a difference for my son and I was the fact that I tried to include him in everything I did. When I went hunting, he went with me. When we got involved with motorcycles, he was right there along side me. When we decide it's time to get a truck, we usually go after the same make. I have two daughters that lead completely different lives, but they both make it a point to show an interest and enthusiasm for my behalf. My oldest daughter has given me 4 awesome little grandsons... and you can bet "Papa Rob" is starting them all out early in R/C. I really feel blessed.

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer said
I think what made a difference for my son and I was the fact that I tried to include him in everything I did. When I went hunting, he went with me. When we got involved with motorcycles, he was right there along side me. When we decide it's time to get a truck, we usually go after the same make. I have two daughters that lead completely different lives, but they both make it a point to show an interest and enthusiasm for my behalf. My oldest daughter has given me 4 awesome little grandsons... and you can bet "Papa Rob" is starting them all out early in R/C. I really feel blessed.
Oh well, my oldest son has given me 3 granddaughters and Ashlyn the oldest has shown some interest but not the other two..One of our club members had his daughter and one of his granddaughters flying for some time but they both have given up on it to pursue other interests that women like to do....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq said
stangflyer said

Oh well, my oldest son has given me 3 granddaughters and Ashlyn the oldest has shown some interest but not the other two..One of our club members had his daughter and one of his granddaughters flying for some time but they both have given up on it to pursue other interests that women like to do....
Usually the case with most women huh? Tell ya what....find your way out here to Idaho. Come fly with us. It looks as though Autumn is not giving way to cold weather. So we're just gonna keep flying as long as we can.
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer said
Usually the case with most women huh? Tell ya what....find your way out here to Idaho. Come fly with us. It looks as though Autumn is not giving way to cold weather. So we're just gonna keep flying as long as we can.
Yeah...this is atypical for you guys that far north...man we have had some really bizarre weather nation wide.... as long as I can remember this has been the mildest summer here..usually we get 10 to 15 days of 100° plus temps and I think we never broke 100 all summer. So enjoy it while you  can or like I always heard "get it while the getting good."

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
Going out in the morning to fly for the first time in months. Taking the newest and smallest gasser I have, an Aerobeez 74" slick 540. It had a DLE 30 ( my first experience with DLE) in it when I maidened it last spring. Engine ran erratic and inconsistent no matter how much I tuned on it. And was underpowered, and required a unbelievable amount of mixing to fly just half decent. I just put in a DLE 35ra the other night and made some
HPIM3479.JPG

airframe changes that should have been factory standard. Going to try it in the morning. If it doesn't kick ass im going to off it like soiled briefs and buy another 35% from EF or Pilot and a DA.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Extra nuts said
Going out in the morning to fly for the first time in months. Taking the newest and smallest gasser I have, an Aerobeez 74" slick 540. It had a DLE 30 ( my first experience with DLE) in it when I maidened it last spring. Engine ran erratic and inconsistent no matter how much I tuned on it. And was underpowered, and required a unbelievable amount of mixing to fly just half decent. I just put in a DLE 35ra the other night and made some
HPIM3479.JPG

airframe changes that should have been factory standard. Going to try it in the morning. If it doesn't kick ass im going to off it like soiled briefs and buy another 35% from EF or Pilot and a DA.
That's pretty sweet. Sorry to hear your DLE 30 didn't come up to par. I can say however a friend and owner of the LHS here is flying a H-9 27% Extra 260 I sold him with a DLE 35RA on it. Originally I had a DLE 55 on it. Umm...yeah, over the top for power and capabilities. The 35 is running very sweet on it though. Didn't take much to get it dialed in and has plenty of power for that plane. My guess is your Slick is going to be even better. Keeps us posted and if you can, post a video. Would love to see this little guy in action. Oh, and as far as buying a 35%? Do it anyway. Just for good measure. 

Do-rag

100cc
Extra nuts said
HPIM3479.JPG

Hope that is not the case for me. In the process of picking up a 30cc pilot Sbach for my DLE30 I picked up this summer. 

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hope your success is good. Heard the 30's were a little bit troublesome and a bit shy on power. But I can't speak from first hand experience. I had a little 26cc from another company that would flat wail for its size. The 35RA however seems to be a real good running little gasser.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got all my responsible duties taken care of today.... Taking the VVRC Slick out tomorrow to see if I can break it in the air.
devil.gif

10/10/2014 Breezy today but flying was good. Five flights and she came home in one piece.
20141010_125309.jpg

20141010_125908.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
Do-rag said
Hope that is not the case for me. In the process of picking up a 30cc pilot Sbach for my DLE30 I picked up this summer. 
Do-rag I had a DLE 30 on a  Great Planes quarter scale RV4 that ran like a scolded dog. Never had any trouble with that engine at all. I recently sold it to club member who's going to install it on a 30cc MX2. I do know many people have had trouble with the clone carburetor that comes with the DLE's. When I ordered my DLE 111 and 170 I got a set of Bowman rings and checked the reed valves to make sure their seating properly. Also I put Walbro carburetors on both of those engines. On the DLE 55s, 30 and 20 I owned I didn't put Wabro's on them. I did have trouble with one of the DLE 55s keeping the carburetor adjusted so I just ordered another stock carb and that ended my troubles.