• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Happiness is thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Happiness is realizing you've successfully trolled AND advertised on one of the other sites!!!!

other site troll.png

emtp275

100cc
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I'm sure tonight in the heat of battle the fact that one of the board members in the last two years has:
1. Flown right over my head, when I was bent over starting my Edge. Close enough I felt the breeze.
2. Flown behind me when I was in a pilot station.
3. Flew close enough over my head when standing in a pilots box helping a friend that we both nearly hit the ground trying to get away.
4. Flown over my head when I was standing at a work table that is at least 20' inside the fence line. That had several of us diving for cover.

But those of us that fly 3D or Helicopters are dangerous!o_O
Looks like you need to do as I do Example.....helment.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Man it turned out so darn pretty today (70 degrees light variable wind and a big bright orange ball in the sky!) had to yank the edge out and flew at the glowtard field. Of course I was indoctrinated by the "elders" of the unwritten rules which I replied....
"Don't worry I do very little flight at the parameters you established" and " of course I wont chase birds and fly over the horses"
Once they saw the "purple edge" their faces drew smug and all fell silent. Once I took off and flew HAKE right off the deck and around in circles close in it was dead silent and serene!!!!. Once I landed then they started fibly jibbing with their glow stuff and was not "indoctrinated" about another thing! Now I am far from a competition pilot these days for I am an "elder" myself and skills do diminish with age but.......Once I see how the reaction is and older gents that are the club "political experts" learning
just how to land themselves need to take a real hard look in the mirror. I first flew my slimers here and was a welcomed guest.
Now that I joined and flew a gasser here for the first time it appears the "warmth" of that nice welcome has now worn cold.

So Happy and not so happy
:agree-disagree:

Last edited:
Man it turned out so darn pretty today (70 degrees light variable wind and a big bright orange ball in the sky!) had to yank the edge out and flew at the glowtard field. Of course I was indoctrinated by the "elders" of the unwritten rules which I replied....
"Don't worry I do very little flight at the parameters you established" and " of course I wont chase birds and fly over the horses"
Once they saw the "purple edge" their faces drew smug and all fell silent. Once I took off and flew HAKE right off the deck and around in circles close in it was dead silent and serene!!!!. Once I landed then they started fibly jibbing with their glow stuff and was not "indoctrinated" about another thing! Now I am far from a competition pilot these days for I am an "elder" myself and skills do diminish with age but.......Once I see how the reaction is and older gents that are the club "political experts" learning
just how to land themselves need to take a real hard look in the mirror. I first flew my slimers here and was a welcomed guest.
Now that I joined and flew a gasser here for the first time it appears the "warmth" of that nice welcome has now worn cold.

So Happy and not so happy
:agree-disagree:
@49dimes know how you feel. We had a group in our club that were electric only guys and any mention of internal combustion machines received sneers and ridicule. Alas it all worked out in that this "group" departed our club for greener pastures(in there minds) and left us with our "demonic" noisy devices.:devil-dance: