• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Happiness is thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like you'll be wringing it out this weekend. :way_to_go:
That all depends on tonight, which should go in the "Happiness Isn't" thread. We have our monthly club meeting tonight and they're trying to jam some new rules down our throats. Mostly against helicopters but also 3D airplanes. Since I fly both I'm not a happy camper. And since I have a tendency to say what I'm really thinking, it could get interesting. :msn_slap:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Damn, sounds like the "dangerous 3D planes need to fly the pattern while we circle flyers crash into the flight-line fence" rule is coming:confused:
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I'm sure tonight in the heat of battle the fact that one of the board members in the last two years has:
1. Flown right over my head, when I was bent over starting my Edge. Close enough I felt the breeze.
2. Flown behind me when I was in a pilot station.
3. Flew close enough over my head when standing in a pilots box helping a friend that we both nearly hit the ground trying to get away.
4. Flown over my head when I was standing at a work table that is at least 20' inside the fence line. That had several of us diving for cover.

But those of us that fly 3D or Helicopters are dangerous!o_O

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I'm sure tonight in the heat of battle the fact that one of the board members in the last two years has:
1. Flown right over my head, when I was bent over starting my Edge. Close enough I felt the breeze.
2. Flown behind me when I was in a pilot station.
3. Flew close enough over my head when standing in a pilots box helping a friend that we both nearly hit the ground trying to get away.
4. Flown over my head when I was standing at a work table that is at least 20' inside the fence line. That had several of us diving for cover.

But those of us that fly 3D or Helicopters are dangerous!o_O
Seriously!!! You sure you don't belong to or have been flying at the previous club I once frequented? One incidence of many... I had one of my 95"er's at a pilot station. A very long time friend was crouched down starting his plane. WTF??? Literally 6 inches over his head comes this outta control plane piloted by none other than an outta control pilot that has not been able to fly without crashing for as long as I've known him. Thud..crrrack....thump. his plane landed just over the top of my plane and beyond two feet. My friend who was startin his plane stood up literally just as the outta control plane cleared his crouched down form by a mere 6 inches. However.... I am dangerous cuz I fly 3D Giant Scale. Ugh....

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Happiness is having a "glowtard field" a "gasser field" and a "private field" where I can tell the first two to just kiss my .......

Unhappiness is having to see this for now.......

Photo286.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Happiness is when common sense prevails over reactionary circle flyers. I went to our club meeting tonight and the guys that were proposing the new rule changes didn't even show up. I guess they found out there was going to be a lot of opposition. It sounds like they're going to install another Geotex runway going North South to make more room. We'll see what comes out of all of it.

man, i feel your pain about them glow doods. But I have learned a little about them guys at my field. I arrive around mid morning when the slightest of wind starts up AND they all go home which normally leaves my field looking like this for me and a couple of other gasers. All to ourselves:cool:

But what really irks the hell out of me is when there's only 2 or 3 of us gasers and a glow dood takes off. I guess them doods just don t understand what it means to wait their turn to fly like some of us gasers do,,, Geeeze go figure.

Attachments

• IMG_20141019_121544962.jpg
    IMG_20141019_121544962.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Mikeq

150cc
man, i feel your pain about them glow doods. But I have learned a little about them guys at my field. I arrive around mid morning when the slightest of wind starts up AND they all go home which normally leaves my field looking like this for me and a couple of other gasers. All to ourselves:cool:

Hey Bill ...what's up with the skid marks? Your club at a drag strip? LOL