• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The FAA just "went there" NOT GOOD. ALL RC Aircraft = REAL AIRCRAFT

wesley.

70cc twin V2
I think everyone should call their congressmen, senators, and even state reps and voice their opinions. More than likely you wont speak directly to them but they have lots of people in their officies to listen to problems.

This will go over like a lead balloon with some, but I think all these too easy to fly quadcopters, any of them capable of carrying a camera, should require flight certification and registration/insurance at time of purchase. I don't believe in gun laws, but I do believe in requiring safety classes/licensing/registration. It seems more and more like common sense is lacking and young people don't have elders showing them the way. Maybe I'm just getting old? :D

The industry is cashing in on these things without regard to what and how they're used, any idiot can buy one and basically do whatever they want. It's cool technology and I appreciate what they're capable of and the people that use them responsibly, but it's going to get out of hand without some sort of regulation.

No need to regulate the rest of the RC world as the commitment required to learn to keep them airborne will deter those lacking the common sense to own one.

These after the fact laws won't deter the idiots from purchasing them and doing something stupid.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
"The industry is cashing in on these things without regard to what and how they're used, any idiot can buy one and basically do whatever they want. It's cool technology and I appreciate what they're capable of and the people that use them responsibly, but it's going to get out of hand without some sort of regulation.

No need to regulate the rest of the RC world as the commitment required to learn to keep them airborne will deter those lacking the common sense to own one.

These after the fact laws won't deter the idiots from purchasing them and doing something stupid."

Most effective expression of a meat and cheese sandwich. You broke the "bottom line" down here friend!

Good Job! China gets these things pumped into us and avoids huge import taxes! by putting the "toy" label on it.

Let them pay the damn taxes!

P.S. This language fits my "Chinas Hobby Exports Thread" to a tee!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Thanks for the info @Bartman it has shed a little more light and understanding of the situation, but I still don't trust the federal government or any of it's agency's!

smboyd126

New to GSN!
I have to agree with 3daviator, I saw a link on Facebook this morning where Lumoid.com is renting a quadcopter with camera for $32 a day. No training or anything required. I understand that a dead monkey can fly these things but part of my learning process when I was learning how to fly was learning the rules and etiquette of RC flying. Now anyone can just go buy a quad and do whatever, wherever they want to. Something has to change or we can all kiss the hobby goodbye because the average person and the media don't see the difference between quad, drone or rc planes. I fly only gas and nitro planes and I have had people tell me that "my drones are and invasion of there privacy." I try not to have the knee jerk reaction of telling them they are an idiot and I try to educate them but it goes to show how the masses think about it and you can see that most predominantly in the media and how they report the stories.

smboyd126

New to GSN!
Not a fan of destroying expensive stuff that belongs to others, but if it saves the hobby... LOL

Attachments

• Quad.jpeg
    Quad.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 254

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that's not right (said the guy that manages the #1 "drone" online community in the world!)

dancing poop makes everything more better :dancing-poop: