• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I love it! My favorite colors, I'm a watch guy, an air race guy and RC guy... Love it man! The wing tips are killer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Must use the same type of stuff they print the automotive wraps with.. cool stuff and would open up a whole new way to look at coverings

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
My buddy and I were trying to figure this out as well. He own an graphics and print shop that does tons of auto wraps and even semi wraps. Well we looked at all of the 3m products he prints on and they were all way way heavy. Doesn't mean they didn't find a variant but we had thought about this whole process as well. I also was thinking how cool would it be to sell an entire covering for say a wing as an example that is ready to go like a sock.... put it over the wing and then apply heat to make it shrink like shrink wrap. As you can tell my mind just doesn't stop working... it's tormenting and non stop! Ugggg LOL

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Haven't seen [MENTION=3310]BBCorvette18[/MENTION] in a while! Where you at man?!?!?! Everything ok dude?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Sweet! So great to hear you're ok man! Have you been building anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixflyer

New to GSN!
DLE exhaust

Hi Guys
Before I start just want to say being new to gas models what a great resource this forum is.
Just finished 3DHS Extra 330 running a DLE 35RA which is my first gas powered model.
I appreciate that petrol engines run hotter than other IC engines but when I purchase the engine the flexible exhaust manifold was wrapped in what looked like ordinary PTFE tape. The engine has had about 3/4 gallon of fuel through to date (30:1 mix running Xoar 19x8 prop) and this tape has burnt off and needs replacing.
Can anyone tell me is what type of tape it is best for the job? I assume it might a high temperature version of PTFE but then I ask the question why has it burnt off after so few flights? I would like something a bit more permanent. Any help would be appreciated.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Where did you get the flexible exhaust manifold? It should have come with a standard rear muffler like this. Maybe you're using a silencer/pipe?

dleg0435-parts-lg.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Usually when headers crack open or tear we like to use this stuff called "Rescue Tape" or self fusing tape for an almost permanent fix to the teflon tape peeling away. I use it on my giants and keep a roll with me just in case.