• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
This is the first big bipe ive had. Got any pointers for me [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION]

Lol even though it's going to act floaty with a little power on, it will drop like a rock when you chop the throttle, throttle management is key on landing, it will loose airspeed fairly quickly because bipes are draggy. Other than that have a blast! Pictures and video would be great!!! :cool:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Great @<a href="http://www.3drcforums.com/member.php?u=4" target="_blank">3dNater</a>!! Do me a favor and do a flat spin for me!! lol

[MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] there is a flatspin in there somewhere :)

[video=youtube;Q2UTsMVCJ7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2UTsMVCJ7U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
Now that is some nice flying [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION]! I did see a flat spin in there, thank you!! My sister in law lives in that area... That was fun to watch... I like the camera man saying this is getting heavy! lol I know how that is. I hope you don't mind me editing and putting in a window here....

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
That was a great video [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION]!
[MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] - did you happen to notice the MOTOR sound? :ecstatic:

3dNater

Now that is some nice flying [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION]! I did see a flat spin in there, thank you!! My sister in law lives in that area... That was fun to watch... I like the camera man saying this is getting heavy! lol I know how that is. I hope you don't mind me editing and putting in a window here....
Thanks! It is a beautiful area. I'm trying to find a way back there but accounting jobs are scarce and notoriously low paying.

Poor Brigg was holding that big camera for about 8 minutes for that flight. The pics came from the two flights after. I had been doing a bunch of boring stuff leading up to the 3d flying and just when he wanted to be done it got interesting and he endured the burn lol.

3dNater

That was a great video [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION]!
[MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] - did you happen to notice the MOTOR sound? :ecstatic:
I thought about adding music but I didn't have anything I thought YouTube wouldn't replace with silence. I like motor sounds anyway :p

Bipenut53

150cc
Thanks! It is a beautiful area. I'm trying to find a way back there but accounting jobs are scarce and notoriously low paying.

Poor Brigg was holding that big camera for about 8 minutes for that flight. The pics came from the two flights after. I had been doing a bunch of boring stuff leading up to the 3d flying and just when he wanted to be done it got interesting and he endured the burn lol.

Yes it is and some day my wife is going to make me hook up to the 5th wheel and head that way, when that happens, I will load up some planes too!! lol

And I am glad you didnt add music! much rather listen to the engine!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so I have been working on getting my bench cleaned up for all the pieces to show up for my 3DHS 89" AJ Slick... Pretty proud of the top of the bench anyway... underneath doesnt look so good but that will wait until next cleaning spree!!

DSCN3241.JPG