• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I ordered the 50cc RedwingRC Extra 330 and told the wife that was my gift from her. That kinda backfired though. It shipped today but she said I couldn't open it until Christmas. I should have thought that one through a little better. :banghead:

At least she's okay with your new gasser! I still need to finish my AJ Laser before I think about another gasser. I've been contemplating a 64" ExFl MXS and making it my largest electric plane... for now of course. Need a machine that wont freeze your fingers off warming it up in the winter time.

Bipenut53

150cc
At least she's okay with your new gasser! I still need to finish my AJ Laser before I think about another gasser. I've been contemplating a 64" ExFl MXS and making it my largest electric plane... for now of course. Need a machine that wont freeze your fingers off warming it up in the winter time.

That's a great airframe Nick! I had one set up with the torque motor and airboss ESC.... Perfect combo for a 6s setup. Flys great!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sweet ride. Great gas mileage. My hauler gets pretty crappy gas mileage. Especially with the trailer attached.

~

Your rig with trailer probably gets better MPG than my Jeep does just by itself. I'm almost afraid to tow with it... :bull:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a great airframe Nick! I had one set up with the torque motor and airboss ESC.... Perfect combo for a 6s setup. Flys great!

Looks like a fun one to me! I have never had any ExF airframes before, or an MXS for that matter. The problem is shipping them to Alaska... Maybe Tim with Northwest RC will be able to fill the void a bit???
How well does the MXS fly in high alpha or torque rolls in your opinion? Thanks

Bipenut53

150cc
If you use the sfg's high alpha is rock solid at slow forward speeds.... if you choose to leave the sfg's off then the forward speed needs to be a bit faster or you will have a little wing rock but really its not a big deal and torque rolls are great! Knife edge spins take a little work to get into but once there its rock solid as far down as you want to go until you let off the elevator to get it into an inverted flat spin it does not try to over rotate when changing maneuvers. I do think you will like the EF airframes. Make sure you use thin CA on the motor box and landing gear box before you put it together and you will have a solid airframe.

Bipenut53

150cc
Well I like my EF 60" Extra 300 EXP better than the MSX, dont get me wrong, the MSX is a great flying airplane. It is just that the Extra is a bit snappier, for some reason I can make it pop better than the MSX, if I didnt own both then I would be perfectly happy with the MSX. Just my opinion.... I dont have any other experience with the 3dhs line at all so I cant comment on those or any other of the 60" airframes out there, sorry.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey guys... just wanted to make sure you saw some of the first of many 3DRCF Sponsors Black Friday Deals! Here's the link!

black friday.jpg

http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?232-3DRCF-Black-Friday-Deals-and-Holiday-Sales!